Is It Bad?

It couldn't be her.

There was no way that Adriana was the one in the supply closet.

All of the signs point to the possibility. They were both wearing the same outfit. They both had nets. The room was too dark for me to truly see which of them it was. They both had the same mark in the same spot, the spot in which I was kissing whichever one of them it was.

But if it was her, surely she would have said something about it. Teased me, joked about it, or something. Then again, she never brought up our incident from her sleepover before she basically pushed her sister onto me. She did bring up her boyfriend during that though. She would have brought him up in the supply closet if it was her, wouldn't she?

"You're what?"

   "Hmm?" I snapped out of my daze and glanced back at her.

   "You said 'I'm', and then you stopped talking," Adriana gave me a weird look and started digging through her bag.

   "Oh, right. I'm just thinking about how excited I am for dinner. I'm very hungry..." I did my best to sell it with a fake smile before turning to get dressed and allow her to do the same.

"Ariana go home with Jordan?"

I turned my head towards her and saw that she was still half naked. A blush immediately covered my face, and I averted my eyes back to my belongings, attempting to get them together to leave. "Yeah she brought you the keys," I explained.

She obviously saw the keys, idiot.

"You riding with me?"

"Yeah, I guess." I finished stuffing everything into my bag and put my shoes on. "I'm ready to go when you are."

She was dressed in an oversized hoodie and shorts by the time I looked up. "Dinner at my house is casual on Mondays. We'll probably just have pizza or something."

I nodded and followed her to the car.

"So, how was your day?"

"You're really trying to make small talk?" I rolled my eyes at her as I threw my stuff into the backseat and hopped into the passenger side.

"I mean, why not?" She got in and turned the car on.

"You're so nosy."

"So nothing fun or interesting happened?"

Was she trying to get me to admit it first, or was she genuinely curious?

"Anything fun or interesting happen to you?" I deflected.

"Yes actually. Earlier, in the supply closet."

My heart dropped to my stomach, and the blood drained from my face.

"Noah snuck us in, and it got pretty heated. He even left a mark on my neck when I told him not to. I covered it with makeup earlier so coach wouldn't yell at me. Is it bad?" She moved her wet hair back over her shoulder.

I was thankful she didn't turn towards me. Mostly because she was driving, but also so that she didn't get the chance to see me. I could breathe again, being almost positive that it wasn't her, but I was certain the panic was still evident on my face.

She could be toying with me, or she could be completely oblivious of my situation. I chose to believe the latter, hoping that my best friend of all people would be honest with me. My best friend that I had a crush on. Although I hadn't been completely honest with her. If she were to find out, she probably wouldn't be all to happy.

After recovering from one blow, the other hit me. She and her boyfriend had snuck off to do things in one of the supply closets. It shouldn't hurt, but it did. I was doing things with her sister, and regardless of what happened between us, she had a boyfriend. She had every right to do anything he consented to, and I had no right to be mad, upset, or hurt by it.

"Umm, no. It's not that noticeable."

"Thank God! My mom isn't super strict about that stuff, but Ariana would never let me hear the end of it." She laughed lightheartedly.

Guilt overcame me, and I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "I don't think you'll have to worry about that too much."

Before she could ponder on my response, I turned the music up and began to hum along.

She quickly got caught up in the music, completely forgetting our previous conversation, and in no time, we were pulling into her driveway next to Jordan's car.