Tears

I stepped back a few steps, hitting the end of my bed. I slid down, and sat on the floor in shock. Tears formed in my eyes before I even got the chance to speak. The lump in my throat made it hard to breathe, nonetheless speak. I croaked out one word.

"What?"

"We found his body. He's dead for sure. I'm sorry that you had to find out like this."

"When?"

"Just yesterday. You were with Hanji, and we were looking for Marco, because we had already found Jean. We found Marco, he just wasn't the way we wanted to find him."

"B-but, but...."

Tears started pouring down my cheeks, the lump in my throat only grew.

"What.... What am I going to do.... Erwin?"

"We're going to have a funeral. You're going to meet up with Jean, and talk about things. You're going to go through grief, and it'll be a long hard journey, but you're strong (your name)."

I smiled, a sad smile, and continued to let rivers of tears just pour out. Somehow his words made me touch the ground, and were like a weight that I needed. I needed words to tell me the truth, especially in a time like this.

"Erwin, can you help me stand?", I asked, weakly.

"Of course."

He grabbed my hand, but I was too weak. He didn't scold me to use my strength, and get up. He picked me up, and place me on the bed. I sat upright, and stood up using his shoulders as something to hold on to. I hugged him, and told him, thank you.

"Where's Jean right now?"

"(Your name), I don't think you should see him right now."

"Where is he?"

"(Your name)...."

"Where?"

"I'll take you to him."

"Why do you have to take me?"

"First, because it's dangerous to roam the streets at night, especially a 16 year old pregnant girl, and he's in the hospital."

"What? What did Levi do?"

"He beat him up bad enough. He was angry that a young girl like you that's innocent, shouldn't be knocked up by young horny boys that don't know what they're doing. He's not injured to the point where he can't breathe, and talk, but he has a black eye, and was bleeding from the nose. He was also already forming bruises all over his body when I left, and Levi broke just one of his ribs."

"Oh just one", I said sarcastically. "But that's horrible."

"Just don't be too mad at Levi. Think about why he even did what he did. He's showing that he cares."

"Oh Levi."

Right after I said that, tears filled my eyes once more, and I hugged Erwin, crying in his shoulder.

"What the literal fuck?", I sobbed. "Why do bad things happen like this?"

"It's okay."

Erwin brought me to the hospital, and took me to Jean's bed. He was laying there, looking super tired, I bet I didn't look too full of life either. Erwin left us alone, and Jean noticed me, he shot up, but stopped, and grunted because of the pain.

"Don't move."

I walked up to him, and grabbed his hand. I automatically started shedding tears. Now I was really crying. I let it out, and I was just crying, simple, but complicated crying. Jean pulled my arm, and pulled me onto the bed. I laid beside him, and he couldn't help, but cry too. We both held each other sobbing, with no words. We didn't need words to communicate how we felt.