Time Flies

~ It's been 6 months since the funeral. ~

I walked up to my bed, and attempted wiping away the wrinkles in the blanket. My left hand rested on the soft blanket, and I moved it, following the wrinkle, until it was gone. Doing so to all the others I could find, I stared at my hand, the hand that now possessed a plain silver ring with a the perfect size rock on top. I stood there reminiscing about the past. I thought about how sad, and upset Jean & I were at the time Marco passed. We had almost broken up, even though we loved each other, there had times I was done. We worked through that, even though like any couple, there's arguments. I sighed, turning to sit on a chair that was near the bed. I sat on the comfy cushion, laying my hand on my huge stomach. I was due any day now, and I was nervous as hell. Tell me again why I kept it? I smiled, lost in my thoughts. I lifted my hand staring at the ring again. I thought about the time Jean proposed, he was so nervous it made me want to hide too. It was four months ago. He bought me a ring then kept it for a week trying to figure out how he was going to propose, in the end, he just did it old fashioned, and got down on one knee. He took me to a place where you could see far away mountains, and the sky was beautiful that day. He said he wanted to fix his sock, but then pulled the ring out when he was on his knee, and had the chance. Oh Jean. I obviously said yes, and cried. I couldn't jump up, and wrap my legs around him like I wanted to because my stomach's too big, but I sure hugged him tight. He took me here, and we cuddled, and talked about when we wanted to have a wedding, and when are we going to tell people, and we decided to just tell them when they showed up in our lives. The next day I saw Levi, and told him, he seemed happy, and I think he was because it looked like Jean had finally stepped up, and that's what Levi wanted.

I rubbed my stomach, and felt the baby kick. My goodness, I'm going to have to push this out. God damn it. I just realized that I've never let Levi feel the baby kick. So I got up, and walked straight to his door. I knocked, and waited. I heard footsteps, and he opened the door.

"Hey, what's wrong?", he asked.

I just took his hand, and placed it on my stomach where the baby was kicking. His face was shocked at first, but then it relaxed, and grew soft. He felt it kick, and he eyes lit up.

"Woah, there's a real baby in there."

"Yeah, isn't that cool?"

He looked up at me, and hugged me.

"Thank you."

I don't know what was going wrong in his life right now, but that must of cheered him up.