I Like The Name..

I slowly opened my eyes to the sun coming in through the window on my left. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was ten in the morning. I lifted my arms, stretching, and yawning. I looked down at my stomach. It was still a little large, but was dramactically smaller for the obvious reason that there was no more baby in there. I sat there thinking about how amazing it was that I could go through the whole pregnancy and not know what the gender of the child was. I wished there had some kind of technology to be able to tell. I thought about various other things like how crazy it was that I was going to get married. I lifted my left hand, staring at the big rock on my finger. I love Jean, I wish I could thank him for always being there for me, and sticking with me even though Marco wasn't around anymore. I let out a small giggle thinking about the day I walked in on them, and was so shocked that I bolted out of there. It was funny that they were together before, and I had no clue. Or maybe they just helped themsleves get eachother off because they were boys with needs. I giggled again, thinking that if anyone were listening, they'd think I'm crazing, giggling to myself alone on this hospital bed. Oh Jean, oh Marco, what has my life become? My smile turned into a frown. I slowly put my hand on my mouth trying to stabilize my quivering lip. Tears slid down my pale, soft cheeks, and I wept. Knock, knock. I turned to look at the door forgeting that I was crying, and reminded myself just as my voice cracked saying come in. I quickly faced the other way to avoid whoever was at the door to see my face. I looked around for a tissue, or something to wipe myself, but there was nothing.

"Hey (Y/N), your awake. Wanna see your son?" I turned to see the familiar voice, and smiled weakly. It was Levi, holding my new son.

"Yeah," my voice cracked again, barely getting sound out.

"What's the matter?" He walked over, and handed me my child. He pulled a chair beside the bed on my right, and took my hand in his. That gesture made me want to cry again. A lump was caught in my throat, and it stung.

"I-I was thinking about-sorry I need water."

He just turned, walked out the room. He came back with three bottles of water, making sure I had enough. I giggled, and took a few sips from one. I looked down in my arms at my son, and smiled.

"He's so cute," I mumbled.

"He is very cute."

I looked back up at Levi, and grabbed his hand.

"First of all I'm so sorry about just yelling out to Jean in front of you that I'm marrying him-"

"You don't need to-"

"And it must've hurt you, even just a little, and I promise you, I never wanted that. Never ever do I want to hurt you. Got that?"

"Yes, but-"

"And like I was saying, I was crying before you came in because I was thinking about Marco, and I couldn't help it."

He squeezed my hand tighter, and smiled.

"You're so kind, you know that?"

"What are you talking about Levi-"

"You just sat here telling me about how cute your child is, apologizing, and crying because someone you loved."

"Oh...well, I guess that's true."

I giggled sliding my thumb across the top of his hand. He smiled, and I giggled some more.

"Do you have a name yet?"

I looked down at my new son, and pondered for a minute before answering yes. He looked at me in curiousity, and waited for me to speak some more. I just looked at him.

"I think I like the name Arthur."

His smile grew wide, and mine did too.

"So you like that name too?"

"Oh course, but did you speak with Jean about it?"

"Yes, throughout the months of my pregnancy, but I don't need Jean to make my desicions, Levi."

He chuckled, and I let go of his hand to rock Arthur.

"I guess it's final then."

I just smiled, and continued rocking him. He was peacefully asleep. I lifted my finger to signal Levi to come closer. He got up, and fit himself on the bed, beside me. He was looking over my shoulder at Athur, I was pointing at his face to show him his cuteness. I giggled quitely, and signaled him to move even closer. His head was practically leaning on my shoulder, and I almost pushed him off because he was ticklish. His cheek was agaisnt my cheek, and I felt him grin. It made me grin like a mad man, and I turned to face him. He looked at me with eyes that I've never seen. They were happy, and filled with gentleness. I couldn't control myself in that moment, and kissed him on the lips. He didn't kiss back at first, shocked that I kissed him, but slowly started to. The feeling in my stomach was something I missed. Butterflies going insane. I grinned through the kiss, and we both pulled away, content with the kiss. Smiling at eachother, and now holding hands.