Chapter (23): In Her Sickness

After locking lips gently, Danni and Chloe were kissing passionately on the couch when things heated up between them. Danni wrapped her arms around her waist and Chloe's hand went up to her neck while the other was on the back of her hair, grabbing her it. The kiss heated between them and the result was them falling on the ground with Danni beneath Chloe. Chloe laughed and so did Danni. She held the back of her head checking if she was okay after that fall.

"You okay?" asked Chloe between her laughs stroking the back of Danni's head.

"Yeah. You?" she asked chuckling.

"I guess I'm fine. I landed on top of you, didn't I" She smirked at Danni who smiled and rested her head against the floor holding Chloe's hand. "We should get up" She let out a small chuckle and started to get up, giving her hand to Danni, helping her stand up as well.

"Thanks" She rubbed the back of her head and Chloe giggled.

"You sure you are okay?"

"Yeah, it was no biggie" She smiled and Chloe looked away wanting to ask a question.

"What are we, Danni?" she asked softly.

Danni turned to her with her lips parted as she inhaled. "... I don't know" she said and looked at Chloe who was looking down on the floor with a blush on her cheeks. Danni grabbed her hand, brushing a thumb over her knuckles "But we could try and see where we are going"

Chloe's face lit up and gazed at her eyes. "Yeah?"

Danni cupped her face, pressing her lips on hers in a long searing kiss that they felt all through their bodies, then she pulled away with eyes closed and reopened them.

"Is this a good answer for you?"

"The best" She smiled.

********************************

Avery was sleeping peacefully hugging her pillow beside her. Her alarm went off and she reached for it stopping its annoying buzz that seemed to cause her more headache than she already has. She felt her body ache as much as her head, her body felt weak and heavy that she couldn't get up from her bed or raise her head from the pillow. She felt a sudden cold sending chills all over her body so she snuggled into the covers more, sheltering herself.

Abigail was in the kitchen with Robert, and they noticed her absence as at that time Avery usually have her breakfast served, Abigail started to get worried.

"Her car is here, Robert. She must be in her room or something. I'll go check on her"

"Okay" He nodded and started reading his newspaper.

Abigail went upstairs in her maid uniform, arrived outside Avery's room and knocked softly three times on the door of her room but she didn't hear a voice so she called out her name.

"Miss Avery!" She knocked again. "Miss Avery!"

She turned on the knob, opening the door and saw a body buried under the covers. She went up to her walking softly on the floor.

"Miss Avery, are you awake?"

"Huh?" A tired voice asked.

"Sorry to wake you up"

"No it's okay. I was up anyway but I'm feeling tired"

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry but could you please make me something hot to drink?"

"Right away" She nodded and left the room.

She headed to the kitchen, opened the cabinet and brought the herbal tea packet into the cup and started boiling the water.