Chapter 14

"Meara, I have a feeling, the book will tell us how to prepare for our journey next." WuJi guesses.

Meara once again takes a seat next to her friend. She turns the page and starts reading.

*****

Jewel in water,

For days numbering twenty.

A discarded shell of a snail,

Will also come in handy.

Take it out,

Mix with soil.

Add two leaves from home,

And let it boil.

Pour it in the bowl,

That is always filled to the brim.

Spread it evenly,

Spread it thin.

Twenty-six days it will take to set

It will be ready when the terms are met.

Scoop it out and drink from it

Two sips will be enough,

To make you fit.

In water then,

You can swim.

In water then,

You can breathe.

*****

Both Meara and WuJi are at a loss of words once the little girl is done reading.

Meara rereads it in her mind once more and looks at WuJi questioningly.

WuJi takes the book from Meara's hand and closes it. He taps on the cover and whispers, "Mommy, mommy... can you hear me? Can you please show yourself?" Then he waits for a few minutes.

As the minutes drag on without any sign of LongMu, the baby dragon becomes disheartened.

In the meanwhile, Meara recites the poem in her mind a few more times.

"WuJi, can I have a look at it again?" Meara requests and takes the book from the sulking baby dragon, "WuJi, you are a genius!" She gushes, motioning WuJi to sit next to her.
She traces the words in the poem and starts holding up her fingers one by one, "Jewel, water, twenty days, shell, soil, leaves..."

WuJi interrupts her, holding her fingers, "Meara, what are you trying to say?"

"WuJi, it's exactly what you said it would be. It's the thing that we have to prepare for me to be able to breathe underwater!" Meara replies, excitedly.

"Mn!?" WuJi blinks, and peers into the book, "Really?"

"Yes. It's telling us how to make a drink. I think this drink will help me breathe underwater." Meara explains.