Chapter 2

RECAP:

"DAD!!!" I heard my brothers yell and saw them run outside.

Chapter 2

My dad was on the ground passed out.

"DAD WAKE UP!" Steven yelled and shook him a bit.

Daniel moved Steven away from dad while Joshua pick up dad and took him inside. I look around the area and smelled something off, it was something that could knock out a vampire with one sniff... brown moss. It doesn't have an effect on me cause I'm only part vampire. I decided to take a look around. Then I suddenly started feeling a pull towards the trees. I didn't want to go but I couldn't help it. I started walking towards the strange pull.

"Hope, get away from there." Daniel said.

"I can't help it, something is pulling me towards it." I calmly said.

Though I'm terrified, Daniel appeared in front of me to stop me, but I went around him. He grabbed me by my waist and carried me into the house. Once I was inside, he closed and locked the back door.

"Let's keep that locked for now." He smirked.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"Upstairs." He said looking down.

I ran upstairs and into dad's room. I stopped when I saw him laying on the bed, still knocked out. His black hair was resting on his pillow. His pale face was slightly more paler.

"D-d-dad?" I started to tear up.

Joshua was by my side faster then I can blink.

"Hope,it's ok. He's going to be fine." Joshua hugged me and was trying to comforted me.

It was kinda helping. He whispered in my ear everything will be fine, stop crying, it's okay, don't cry, he's ok, please stop crying. He picked me up and took me to my room and lay my down on my bed.

"Want to be alone?" He asked. I shook my head no. Joshua laid down beside me and hugged me, I hugged him back and cried. After about half an hour I stopped and started to feel sleepy.

"You okay now?" Joshua asked.

"Yeah." My voice was cracky, "Do you think he's up?"

"lets go check." He said as he stood up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

"Hey Daniel! Is he up?" Joshua asked.

Daniel looked at us, "Not yet, what do you think made him pass out?"

"Brown moss, I smelled it when I went outside." I said answering his question.

Joshua and Daniel were surprise.

"Brown moss! That can kill him!" Steven yelled.

I jumped, where did he come from?

"Not the smell." Joshua countered.

"Yes it can! To older vampires anyway." Steven said sadly.

I tugged on Joshua's arm. He looked at me

"Yes?" I looked at him

"No fights." I said.

He and Steven fight, a lot. He nodded.

"Fine, for yours and dads sake."

He looked at Daniel.

"Can't you read his mind?"

Daniel turned Towards dad and looked... troubled. "I'm trying. It's hard I'm only getting... a few words."

I went to my dad and grabbed his hand. I showed him a picture of him passed out, Steven and I crying, and him now. Then I asked;