Chapter 4

RECAP

I heard a knock on my door, I walked towards it and opened it.

Chapter 4

Joshua's POV

I walked out of my dads room and into hopes. Her scent was like honey and roses, super sweet. I smiled as I remembered first hugging her and taking in her scent.

~FLASHBACK~

(The year was 1916)

"JOSHUA!" 3 year old Hope cried out "WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I went and saw her running down the hall way and she bumped into me and fell back but I caught her before she could.

"What is it kiddo?" I asked.

She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back taking in her scent, as soon as I did I knew I'm going to be anything for her.

"What's the matter Hope? I promise I'll make it go away." I said meaning every word.

She looked up, "Steven and Daniel were scaring me. They were telling me stuff about these monsters that eat our brains. Then they said that it bit them and then started chasing me say they'll eat me."

She started crying and I pulled her towards me and let her cry.

"I'll beat them up for you and make sure they don't hurt you ok?"I asked.

She looked up with tears in her eyes and I whipped them away.

"They won't hurt you, no one will."

She smiled, "And your gonna beat them up?"

I laughed, "Yes I will beat them up."

She grabbed my hand and ran in a direction, I'm guessing towards Daniel and Steven. We found them in the living room laughing.

She whispered to me, "Their right there."

I let go of her hand, "Stay here."

She nodded.

I walked over to Daniel and Steven.

"What are you laughing about?" I questioned knowing my eyes are red.

They looked up slowing, see that my eyes are red

"Why are you mad?" Daniel asked.

"Answer mine first." I said.

"We told Hope we were Zombies and she ran away screaming."

He and Daniel busted out laughing. I growled quietly so they could here me and not Hope, she didn't know what we are yet. They stopped laughing and Daniel looked up

"Now, why are you mad?" Steven asked.

I smirked, "The same reason your laughing."

I walked over to Daniel and punched him in the face, then I went to Steven and punched his stomach and walked away. I saw Hope sitting on the ground waiting for me. I scooped her up and she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked playfully.

"Because you beat them up." She started laughing again.

I chuckled.

"I did, didn't I?" I walked upstairs into her room sat down with her on my lap.

"So what do you" I touched her nose on you, "Want to do now?" I asked her.

Her face beamed up, "Let's play hide and seek!"

I chuckled, "Alright. I count and you hide."

I let her go and she ran.