Prologue: Ace In The Hole

"I still can't believe you did that." A voice chuckles. In a small room in the naval base, a group of four people in snow white uniforms accented with gold can be seen sitting around on the chair or the bed, simply talking about their last battle. One of them, the highest ranked with four stars, sits in his chair, looking back at how reckless he was.

"You'd think that she would have just shot me instead." He chuckles. This was Admiral Jack, one of the newest additions to the naval base. After the old admiral and many other high ranking officers got killed in a raid by the alien Abyssals he was instated, but even before he became the new admiral he was practically a legend. Jack went by many nicknames, not including his callsign "kamakiri": He was called an archangel by the Abyssals, he was called a tiger by the various officers of the naval base, but there was one nickname that both sides could agree on that fit Jack perfectly, "Myke Teitoku". Themed off of famous boxer Mike Tyson, the admiral earned this quirky nickname after recklessly challenging an Abyssal, one of the many Abyssal princesses more specifically, to a one-on-one fistfight and winning the bout, forcing the aliens to retreat. "I can only imagine the look on everyone's eyes when I got up, pointed at her and started shouting."

"If you think you're so high and mighty out on the seas, why don't you come up to my dock and square up with me? Then we'll see who's laughing now!" The vice admiral, Felicia, says, mimicking Jack's voice and recalling what he said. Going by the callsign "tonbo", she had been on the base before Jack was instated as the new admiral, and while she was not as physically strong as him she had more brains than everyone on the naval base combined. She was a master tactician and she has outsmarted the Abyssals on countless occasions- she proved more than worthy of her rank and would have been promoted to admiral herself had the raid never happened. "I never thought you could come out on top like that!"

"But we all knew him no?" The rear admiral lower half, Vinh chuckles. He was often referred to by his callsign, "kuwaga" instead of his real name for, much like the admiral, he sported fearsome strength that rivaled even that of the shipgirls, but he was much more levelheaded than Jack was. "Even when we were all just seamen you would always challenge others seeing who had the most mettle."

"Well that was until the admiral at the time stopped you, but look at where you are right now." The other rear admiral, Linh chuckles. Callsign "hachi", she might not have the strength or the brains to rival her fellow admirals but she was a social butterfly. She could never be found alone as she had many friends on the base, and many of the shipgirls came to her whenever they had problems that they just couldn't quite solve alone. "At least the girls didn't take too much of a beating."

"Yeah, at least there's that." Jack chuckles. "Say... Where is that girl? She should be coming out of the docks right about now."

"TEI-TO-KU!!!" A young voice shouts out as the four hear loud, quick footsteps. It's not long before the door to the admiral's quarters is thrown open, revealing a brown eyed brunette dressed in a white and brown miko outfit and thigh high boots, and her headband resembles that of a ship radar, more than a dead giveaway as to who this was and Admiral Jack braces himself. "BURNING... LOVE!" She shouts as she glomps the admiral and they both fall to the ground.

"Hey... Kongou..." Jack chuckles sheepishly as Kongou peppers him with kisses.