Chapter 1: The Senpai

Todoroki Shouto has never been a normal child, or lived a normal life.
He knew from the very beginning that his Quirk was exactly what his father wanted, and yet, he still abused him.
Todoroki's father was abusive and corrupt. He was filled with pride and hatred, that he would beat his wife and children their whole lives.

And for a long time, Todoroki thought no one could understand him.
No one could understand the pain he kept inside.
No one, until the day he met Bakugou Katsuki.

Todoroki has known him since the first day of high school in UA, but he always believed he was just this loud, angry kid who yelled at everyone and wanted to be the #1 hero.

'Just like Father' he thought.

But one day he learned a whole new side of him.
It all started in the last few days of the first month of high school.
Todoroki went to the boy's bathroom during lunch.

The moment he went in, he could hear something.

Crying.

An unfamiliar, soft sob that he's never heard before. He proceeded to check all the stalls to see if someone was in them. Eventually, he saw the legs of someone sitting on the floor in one of the stalls. The very last one.

Todoroki knocked on the stall door. "Hello?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

The sobbing stopped, and the legs stood up. After a few seconds he opened the door, greeting Todoroki with an angry expression and an arm behind his back. "I'm fine, why? You got a problem?" Bakugou asked menacingly. "Actually, yes." Todoroki said. "Why were you on the floor crying?"

"Crying? Me?" Bakugou looked shocked and at a loss for words. "I-I don't cry! Stupid!"
"Yeah you do. You just were in the stall. And why is your arm behind your back?" Todoroki reached out to grab it, but Bakugou moved to the side. "None of your business, shitty extra! Now leave me alone!"

"Not until you show me what's behind your back."
"I said leave me alone!"
"No!"

Todoroki grabbed Bakugou's shoulder and pulled him closer, examining his arm.
And then he saw it. The cuts. The wounds. The blood.

"Who...who did this to you?" Todoroki asked.
Bakugou looked down in shame, defeated.
"...me." He whispered.
"Why? Why would you do this?" Todoroki asked.

Bakugou pulled his arm out of Todoroki's hands and started walking away.
"You won't understand." He mumbled.

"Is someone hurting you at home?" Todoroki asked, holding onto Bakugou's shoulder, making him stop. "...how..." Bakugou asked. "Do you know?"

"Someone hurts me too." Todoroki answered. "My dad. He abuses me and my siblings. But I've never let it get so far into my head that I hurt myself like this."

"Does...does your dad hurt you too?"
"...no. My mom. Beats me, hurts me, calls me names."
"Just like Father..." Todoroki mumbled.
"Look, I'd rather not talk about it, okay?" Bakugou started walking away again.
"No, wait." Todoroki said. "I've learned that no one can help you if you don't tell them. But I've never known someone who could really understand what I'm going through. Until now, that I've met you."

Bakugou stopped. He slowly turned around, tears forming in his eyes. He walked to Todoroki, then ran. He ran to give him a hug and unload his tears. "I hate it, Icyhot." He said. "I hate that no one knows. I hate that no one understands."

"Don't worry, you're not alone anymore." Todoroki said, patting the poor boy on the back and returning the hug. "I'm here. And I understand. We understand each other now. Together, we'll be fine."