Chapter 25: I'll Give Up For You

The fight seemed to go on for hours. So long that it started to rain and everyone was getting wet, but they didn't care. A little storm didn't stop them from fighting.

It was hard to tell who was winning or losing. It was hard to keep track of the fight at all. Everyone was just jumping, dodging, and firing. Sometimes someone would get hit, and some blood would drip out of their wound, but they'd keep fighting, even though it hurt.

Bakugou watched from the hole in the shed, not sure who to root for. Kirishima was his friend, and he was always there for him when he needed it. But then again, Todoroki was his boyfriend. And he loved him.

He did love him, right?
Everything he did...it was out of love, right?
He did all that...because he loved him right?

But...why would Kirishima go through all this trouble to stop love?

Unless...maybe...it wasn't love?

Were there signs that it wasn't love?

Of course there were.

The rape. Even if it was out of love, it was wrong. No matter how much you love someone, you can't rape them.

Even if he loved him, he couldn't just let that go.

He can't just let go of the fact he was raped. And that he didn't want it. But he was forced to.

Was what he told him even true? Was it his job to make Todoroki happy and satisfied sexually? As the submissive?

No, that's not how relationships work.

You only have sex if both of you want it.
Not just if one of you do, it has to be both.

That's why Kirishima's been trying to save him. Because he knew this was wrong, and he wanted to protect him.

Because he loved him.

That was actual love. That was healthy love.

The kind of love Bakugou deserved.

At that moment, he knew what he had to do.

Bakugou rushes out of the shed, running between Todoroki and Kirishima as they pounced on each other.

With explosions on each hand, he blew them away, literally. The two boys were blown to opposite sides of the roof, luckily Kirishima didn't fall that far away, so he didn't fall off the roof.

"Enough!" Bakugou said.  "Don't I get a say in this? Don't I get to say who I go with? Who's right in my eyes?"

"Babe, move aside. I'm trying to protect you from them." Todoroki said, standing up and activating his Quirk again.

"No! You don't get to call me that!" Bakugou said, facing Todoroki with an aged expression. Ha hasn't made that face, and people haven't seen it, in a while.

"Baby? Baby what's wrong?" Todoroki asked, deactivating his Quirk and walking a few steps toward his boyfriend before he stopped him.

"Don't you 'baby' me! I know what you've been doing!" Bakugou said.
"What? I haven't done anything!"
"Yes you have! All this time you've manipulated me, making me do this you want me to do, hell, you forced me to change the shape of my body! Because you said it was my job!"

"Honey, I-"
"I said no pet names! I don't want to be with someone who manipulates and uses me! I don't wanna be with someone who lies to me! You fucking raped me and made me believe I wanted it! You bastard!"

Todoroki looked at him with fear and shock in his eyes. He tried so hard for this moment to never come, but maybe all he did was prolong the inevitable. As long as Kirishima was alive this was sure to happen. Maybe if he killed him first and made it look like an suicide, like he did with Midoriya, this wouldn't have happened.

"I'm not gonna let myself be manipulated like this. Not anymore. Not ever again." Bakugou said, tears starting to form in his eyes. Despite all that Todoroki did, he still loved him. But he was angry. He was in love, but still angry.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just...I finally found someone who felt the way I did. And I didn't want to let him go. I didn't want him to leave the way my mom did. I didn't want you to leave, that's why I did all that." Todoroki said, years in his eyes too.

"How do I know you're sorry? How do I know you'll change? Cause I'll only come back if you do." Bakugou said. His tears started falling now. He couldn't stop them. He hated crying in front of people, especially now. But he didn't care at that point.

"What can I do that will help you forgive me?" Todoroki asked. "What can I do that will prove to you that I have changed?"

"Serve your time." Kirishima spoke up. Everyone looked at him. "Serve your time in prison for raping Bakugou. That's how we'll know you've changed." Bakugou liked that idea, so he looked back at Todoroki and nodded.

"Fine." He said. "If it proves to my love that I have changed for the better, I'll do it, for you." He looked down and fell to his knees.

"I'll give up, for you."