Chapter 4: Manipulation Is Easy If You Do It Right

Bakugou has acted differently ever since the funeral. Despite the Bakusquad's desperate attempts to cheer him up (and no, they didn't know many ways) he didn't do a thing. Everyone could tell he was pretending to be how he always is. His voice wasn't so angry anymore, it was kinda soft and nervous, like this time he really cared what others thought of him.

Even the teachers could tell the difference in his behavior. His voice was soft, he was always looking down, and he didn't even yell at anyone anymore. But even with his change in personality, Todoroki continued to spend time with him, even more than the Bakusquad did.

Everyone thought he was just being a loyal friend, but they never stopped to think of what Todoroki was telling him. Of course, it was because he didn't say these things when other people were around, which was often since Bakugou didn't like being around a lot of people anymore.

"You know, you bullied Midoriya a lot, even though you thought you were being a good friend." He said. "You're obviously the reason he killed himself. Aren't you guilty? Have you no shame?"

He was sitting next to Bakugou on the floor of the library, who was hiding in a corner with a wall of thick books surrounding him. Bakugou was pretending to read, but really he was using the book to cover his face so no one could see him cry. Bakugou wasn't a loud crier. He just stared at the pages with wide eyes as his tears fell down them like a waterfall. He wasn't having trouble breathing or sniffing or anything like that.

Just quiet.

Todoroki really wanted to get inside his head, so he pulled Bakugou closer to him, and whispered in his ear, "Maybe if you weren't alive, he would be."

The poor boy couldn't take this anymore.
He was sleep-deprived from all the nightmares he had of Deku, he was guilty and, without realizing it, being manipulated.

He jumped up, sprinting out of the library, and not even caring that he had destroyed the book wall he had made for himself.

The way, without even caring, Todoroki had destroyed the walls he had built to keep himself from being vulnerable. Over time, he had slowly but surely broken down all the bricks he built to keep himself from getting hurt. And what happened?

He got hurt.

"Bakugou?" Todoroki called, standing up, and watching him leave the library.
No one noticed, but he had a sly smirk on his face.
"He's finally broken down." He whispered to himself.

Bakugou ran to the bathroom, locked himself in a stall, and sat on the floor. His hands were gripping his hair and head, as tears quickly dripped down his face. "No...not again...please not again..." he sobbed quietly.

Todoroki was slowly walking to the stall he knew the boy was in. He knocked on the stall door. "Helloooooo..." He said in a singsong voice. "G...go...away..." Bakugou said between soft sobs. "I...I don't want to hurt you too..."

"Oh, Bakugou don't worry..." Todoroki said in a loving voice. "I can't possibly be hurt by you. I come from a life like yours. You see? That makes us perfect together. You need me the way I need you."

"How can I be sure you're not telling me that you're okay with me when really you can't stand me?" Bakugou sobbed. "Just th-the way D-Deku did..."

"Just come out of there, and I promise I'll prove it to you." Todoroki said. After a few seconds, the door slowly opened, and a crying Bakugou was standing at the door, staring at his shoes as his hands were behind his back, hiding something.

"Give it." Todoroki said.
"Give what?"
"The scissors."
"I-I don't have scissors on me!"
"Okay then. Cutter. Give it."

Bakugou was silent for a while.
"Ugh!" He groaned, handing him the cutter he was hiding behind his back. "Fiiinne."
Todoroki held the cutter close to his face, inspecting the blade.

"Wh...what?" Bakugou asked nervously.
"Have you used it?" Todoroki asked.
"Uh, no, of course not!" Bakugou said.
"Mhm. Arm."
"Wh-What?"
"Arm. Give it."
"Why?"
"Your arm, Bakugou Katsuki. Give it."

Bakugou was surprised from the dominant tone, and quickly gave him both his arms.
Todoroki checked them for scars, and like he had expected, there were deep cuts on each arm.

"Why are you doing this again?" He asked.
"I...I just... I just..." Bakugou stuttered.
"I just...wanna join him...and-a-and a-apologize...f-for everything..."

"Hey, hey. Calm down." Todoroki said in a reassuring voice. "Here. Cross your wrists like this." He moved Bakugou's wrists and positioned them like an X in front of him. Then, Todoroki grabbed the X wrists and pushed Bakugou into the stall, closing the door and locking it behind him with his free hand. He pushed Bakugou against the wall and pinned his hands above his head.

"T-Todoroki?" Bakugou asked.
"Hey. Hey. You listen to me, Katsuki." Todoroki said, dominant eyes staring into Bakugou's submissive ones.

"Meet me in my dorm later." He said.
"Wh-why?"
Todoroki smiled smugly and pushed his face closer to the smaller boy's.
"You'll see."

Todoroki let go of his hands and walked smugly out of the room with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face.
Bakugou stood with his back glued to the wall.
He was breathing heavily, blushing at what had just happened.

"O...okay."