Chapter 10: The Project

The next weekend, Todoroki, with his father's credit card, brought Bakugou to the BodyMolders building. He was ecstatic. His boyfriend will finally look the way he always dreamed he'd look. Don't get it wrong, he loved the way Bakugou looked already. But he was like a project, there were many parts of him he loved but still had to fix. He had to fix that mindset a little. He still had a little of himself in there, a little bit of love for others in their school.

He had to fix that.

It's either he got rid of his love for them, or he got rid of them.

They walked into the building and saw several people seated on the chairs, patiently waiting for their turn. They went over to the counter to assign an appointment and get a number.  And there, they were greeted by a familiar face.

"Shindou?" Todoroki said.
"Oh, hey guys! What's up?" The tall, brown haired boy greeted them.
"Oh hey, we're just getting my boyfriend a makeover, you work here now?"
"Oh yeah, I'm trying to pay for my tuition."
"Nice!"

Bakugou hadn't said a thing since they entered. There was too much on his mind. In his head, he was having a fight, a war, between what he wanted and what Todoroki wanted.

"You still have time to call this off."
"But Sir wouldn't want me to do that."
"Who cares what he wants? You should think about yourself for once."
"No, I'm too selfish. I always think of myself and what I want. I should think of what Sir ways for once."
"You're always doing what he wants!"
"But I have to! It's my job!"
"How are you so sure he's not just manipulating you?"
"Sir would never do that!"

Bakugou couldn't think straight. The war in his head was making him dizzy and confused.

"I didn't know Bakugou wanted to change. I always thought he was okay with himself." Shindou said.
"Oh, Yeah, He's never liked himself. He just tried to show that facade, right, Suki?"
"Uh...yeah."

Something about this whole thing didn't feel right to Shindou. It didn't feel...natural. He felt like one of them was lying. Or maybe both of them were. He always had a strong feeling about liars and could easily tell when they were lying. So this feeling was all too familiar.

"You sure?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I dunno. Blondie here looks kinda uncertain."
"Oh, he's just excited. Isn't that right, Suki?"
Bakugou nodded.

There it was again. That gut feeling telling him they were lying. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Why would they lie? Why would they go through all this? It didn't make much sense until Shindou put together a theory on the spot. But he had to get to talk to one of them first. In a time where the other wasn't around.

They sat over at the end of the waiting room. Suddenly, Bakugou got a text.

It was from Kirishima.

Kiri: hey bro where are you?
Baku: why do u wanna know?
Kiri: Momo says she saw u leave with Todoroki last Friday.

Bakugou wanted to ask Todoroki if he could tell Kirishima where they were and what they were doing. But some part of him told him not to. That Kirishima needed to know. That if he knew, there was something he could do about it.

Baku: we're at BodyMolders
Kiri: what?? Why????
Baku: why do u think?

Bakugou didn't want to say the answer in his head. He was afraid of what Todoroki would say. He knew his boyfriend would find out about all his soon, but was this like a call for help?

Bakugou didn't answer any other questions after that. He got up to go to the bathroom.

He saw Shindou waiting outside the door. He stood next to him quietly.

"Oh, hey Blondie."
"Hey."

Now was his chance. Now he could talk to him.

"Hey, Bakugou..." he started. "About this whole thing with you and him being here..."

"Is he forcing you to do this?"