Ch. 5

I make it home around six in the morning to find Alissa sleeping peacefully in bed

I make it home around six in the morning to find Alissa sleeping peacefully in bed. Unlike me, her night has been partially shared on the internet for everyone to enjoy. Although it might seem unnecessary, I need a full rundown of what happened last night so I reach out and shake her gently to wake her up.

"Bil stop," she groans and scoots away from me.

"Alissa seriously get up," I tell her.

She sighs extra hard before sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "What?"

"What do you mean what? What the fuck happened last night?"

"Woah first of all good morning. Second, why are you so upset right now?"

"Because I wake up to a bunch of mentions about you being shit faced outside a club arguing with some guy," I yell.

"I was waiting on the driver. That guy was harassing me," she says with an attitude.

"Ok you know what, let's go back. I need to properly explain how you fucked up since you're not getting it."

She stares at me in disbelief but doesn't say anything so I continue. "Where is your phone?"

"I lost it," she mumbles.

"Alissa you can't go around losing phones. Are you crazy? Do you know how much personal shit is in that phone? Phone numbers, pictures, addresses. Someone could really do some damage with that," I remind her.

"It was an accident. Don't you think I've thought about that? Damn cut me some slack. It's not like I meant to," she yells.

"Yeah but it's like you're not taking this shit seriously," I pace around the room. "You can't just be doing whatever anymore and why the hell would you go stand outside alone?"

"I was ready to go," she screams. "I wasn't thinking."

"Exactly," I throw my hands in the air. "Do you not hear how dumb that sounds? Some stuff people do we can't prevent, but you can do things to not put yourself in certain situations Alissa."

"Please stop talking to me like I'm a child Billie," she rolls her eyes.

"Then stop acting like some ridiculous ass teenager. I mean do you get that I have to clean up your mess? Everything you do affects me and my image."

She scoffs. "So that's what this is about? Trying to keep your precious image clean? News flash Billie, you used to be a drug addict and a fucking abuser."

I shake my head. "Are you really bringing up the past? You know I'm sorry about all of that. So yes, I am worried about my image. I've basically had to start over because of that."

"I didn't ask for this life ok. You brought me and my child into this circus."

"Oh, so is this not what you want? Is it too much for you now?" I ask. "You don't seem to care too much when it's clothes and shoes involved."