Away For Business

Lucille was supposed to still be off work recovering but she'd had enough of lying around all day and waiting for her nurse Isabelle to come before she could speak to someone

So, here she was at The Garrison, begging Harry to let her come back to work after only 3 weeks of recovery.

"Lucille, no. I've said it a million times now." He scolded her. "Why would you ever want to come back here to work after what happened to you in there?"

She was sat on the stools at the bar, elbows resting on the wood and her hands holding her head up as she begged.

"Harry, you should know me by now. I'm not scared of her or of that family. I want my job back."

"Your job will still be here for you when you recover. Fully. Arthur said so." A loud groan emitted from her throat and her eyes rolled to the back of her head and back again at his answer. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Please Harry?"

"No."

"Please?" Batting her eyelashes was getting her nowhere yet she kept doing it. "Pretty please?"

"Look, I want to give you your job back. You're the best worker we've had since Grace but Mister Shelby said no."

"Which Mister Shelby?" When Harry started to stutter over his own words she knew exactly who had ordered him not to let her come back to work so soon. "I'll be back later."

Lucille stormed through the streets and alleys of Small Heath, rattling on the door of the Shelby household/betting den when she came to a stop outside of it.

"Morning?" Finn was the one who opened the door with a confused expression on his face. He had only met Lucille once prior to now and didn't even know that she knew where their house was. "Can I help you?"

"I need you to take me to Thomas' house. Right now."

"I can't drive, Miss."

"Find someone who can." She snapped back. "I'll be waiting here."

Taking a seat on the Kirb in front of the door, Finn looked around the empty street wholly confused as if it was some sort of joke that she and her brothers were playing on her.

When he realised that she was being 100 and 10 percent serious, he retreated back into his home and got himself dressed whilst calling Isaiah to ask for a favour.

He would have called Michael first but he thought that it would be a very, very bad idea considering his wife was the one who shot and hospitalised the girl sitting on his doorstep.

It took a lot of convincing but Isaiah eventually gave in and decided to do Finn a favour just this once.

"Isaiah is on his way." Finn announced whilst taking a seat on the path beside her. "How are you doing?"