Kabanata 26

Kabanata 26

Guest

I used to play plucking petals when I was young, and remembering it now gives me a pang of pain. How crazy I am over him and played the flower for his possible feelings for me. I even get sad when it ended the last petal, and it always says that he loves me not.

Watching those flowers that freshly bloom in front of me, wanting me to pick one and pluck it like before. A small smile form in my lips as I slowly stand and walk through the verdant pastures and feeling each moment with every step, being one with the present.

Noticing the colorful butterflies around me. The touch of breeze in my skin and sweet scent that must be because of the flowers that blooms. Before I take one step closer to the flower, I look up at the sun that gently shined it's dazzling light, just enough to give life to the day.

How I wish my life is as peaceful as this moment. No heartaches, no problems, just peace.

“You shined too.”

I turn back because of the sudden voice I heard, only to see that it was from familiar yet an unknown man a meters away from me.

“Especially when you smile,” he added. I can't fight a small smile on my lips. It was a compliment from a handsome man after all.

Well-built body, not too muscular not too lean. Raven coloured hair, sharp nose that actually look very handsome to him, pretty light eyes, long eyelashes, thick eyebrows that associate with rough, yet magnetic male beauty and a sweet smile that can break the ice in me. I knot my forehead in confusion.

“You... look familiar,” I said as I survey the man's whole.

“I'm a guest at your debut in Australia... and I am also a part of this project. I am Engineer Sandiniel Rossdeutcher. I've heard about your wits, Architect. Montaños,”  he formally said. I can't take off my eyes of this man. He walk closer and took out his hand from his pocket for a handshake.

“It's my pleasure to meet you up close, you were quite distant in your debut."

I stare at him for a moment, before I was able to mumble my thank you's and shake his hand.

“There were a lot of people that time. And you still remember me?” kunot-noo kong tanong kaya bahagya itong natawa.

“Who wouldn't be? If you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen that time?” I looked away, and feel my face heated after hearing those words. Hindi parin ako sanay sa mga pambobola ng mga lalaki.

“I see,” I pause and bit my lower lip, thinking for more words. “Uhmm... done in work?” natanong ko nalang dahil wala akong ibang maisip na. Engineer Sandiniel nodded, kaya bahagya ko rin itong tinanguhan.

He roam his gaze around, and look at me back.

“You're heading to?” he thrilled off.

“Uh... just roaming around,” sagot ko nalang, nahihiya na sabihin ang balak gawin kanina.

“Hmm... Can I ask you for a dinner? Just in the nearest cafe, if you're free.” I stare at him, thinking about what he said, kaya bahagya itong napakamot sa batok dahil sa tagal kong sumagot. It's just a dinner, kaya why not.

“Okay then,” kibit ko ng balikat.

“You sure? Gonna fetch you then, in your rest house?” sunod-sunod na tanong nito kaya tumango ako na halatang excited Kaya bahagya akong natawa.

Wala naman sigurong masama kong susubukan kong kilalanin ito diba?

----
𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒀𝒐𝒐𝒐🍀