Kabanata 31

Kabanata 31

White Daisy's Petal

Tulad nang sinabi ni Race na liligawan niya ako, and he really did. Noong sinabi kong pupunta ako ng site, he said he'll be with me, wherever I want to go.

Pagdating pa lang sa site ay agad kong namataan si Engineer Sandiniel sa entrance pa lang ng Sebu's Haven, talking to his men.

I glanced at Race when he cleared his throat.

“Looks like your suitor is waiting for your arrival huh,” mapanuyang saad nito sa mahinang boses. I rolled my eyes and continue walking.

Agad na naagaw namin ang atensiyon ni Engineer Sandiniel at ang kausap nito. Pati na rin ang ibang empleyado na nasa malapit lang. He stand straight and smile at me, kaya bahagya akong ngumiti. Race cleared his throat again dahilan para sumimangot ako.

“Tss!” I glared at him, pero agad itong nagtaas ng dalawang kilay, acting like he didn't do anything.

“What?” inosenting tanong nito.

“Stop it!” I hissed.

“What? I didn't do anything,” defensive na sagot nito kaya napailing nalang ako.

“Good morning, Architect Merande and Architect Montaños.”

Sandi greeted us nang makalapit na kami. I greeted back, but Race just nod.

Tsk! Snob! I hissed in my mind.

Engineer Sandiniel bring us to the main site kung saan kasalukuyang tinatrabaho ang area na iyon. Nakita ko na ang blueprint nito, at it was Race who designed it. I must say that he is really good and passionate in this field, habang ako, natuto lang dahil pinag-aralan ko. This is not what I really want to, pero natutunan ko na ring mahalin.

Since I was young, I always wanted to be a fire woman, but since my mom died and I am the heiress of Montaños company, I need to sacrifice my dream and focus on our company. Maraming nangyari sa buhay namin kaya wala na akong ibang choice. Not even have a chance to at least try to study and go to trainings and stuffs like what fire women and men do.

“What are you doing?” I exclaimed, but Race's playful smile is plastered on his lips now.

“Taking pictures of you?” patanong na sagot nito. I parted my lips, hypnotized by his genuine smile. He take another shot of me, kaya nakasimangot ako, nahihiya dahil nakanganga ako nang kuhanan niya ako ng picture!

“You're crazy!” I groaned.

“About you, and everything you do,” he huskily mumbled.

I swallow, caught-off guard because of what he said. His eyes speaks of thousands emotions that I couldn't named. It was all new to me, the only thing that familiar to me, was my beating heart. Beating so fast, only for him.

This is what I longed for eversince, not expecting that it will really happened, right now, right here.

When I plucked the white Daisy's petals, deciding the outcome of my childhood crush. Later, I discovered hope of true love comes from a kind of love that went to the cross.

“I really love how my heart flutters when I'm with you,” he whisper to my ear like it was a music that comforted me from all the sadness and worries I have.

----
𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒀𝒐𝒐𝒐🍀💜