18

since younghoon's birthday party, the thirteen of them have been hanging out together. everyone in the cafeteria always had their attention on the twelve boys but there was more attention because heejin was sitting with them. what sparked more attention was that she was sitting beside younghoon. at this rate, everyone knew they were so-called flirting with one another.

glancing at her watch to check the time, heejin glanced at younghoon's wrist. he was wearing it, the bangle. "you wore it" heejin said. younghoon turned and smiled. "yeah. i loveeee it. its customised isn't it? i have always been wanting to get one and im glad you got this for me" he said while smiling. 

everyone on the table put down their chopsticks and sighed. can they get lovey-dovey somewhere else? "alright we will sto-" heejin stopped mid-sentence.

heejin dropped her chopsticks at the sight of him. she questioned his presence. she knew he didn't enroll in this university. he was in a baseball uniform so she assumed that he probably had a match here. "heejin let's go" hyunjae said as he got up.

"no. stay. why should i run away?" heejin shot back. it made hyunjae stunned at her sudden change. she was never like this. everytime she saw hongseok, she would avoid him and run away. it felt good that she changed for the better but it felt odd to hyunjae.

younghoon eyes went to the baseball boys. he exchanged smiles with hongseok since they were best buddies in high school.  then, he wondered why heejin suddenly acted that way. were one of the boys from the baseball team her ex? 

;

"cigarette bro?" hongseok offered but younghoon rejected. the two sat at the bench near the tracking field. they were talking about some high school memories when hongseok decided to ask younghoon about heejin. it made younghoon surprised that he knew her. "duhh remember the girl i dumped back then? it was her. still can't believe she actually fell for it. i guess pretty girls are easy to be tricked" hongseok laughed.

younghoon froze. the conversation he overheard that night was referring to hongseok? this was so messed up. the girl who hongseok dumped back then was heejin? making it worse, this whole dumping thing started because it was younghoon's idea.