after story : suspicions (2)

Two detectives walked into their bustling office, one worn out, the other giddy and happy with a flowery aura. "Uh, good morning, Taiyo and Dazai-san! Is she alright?" Atsushi sweatdropped as his superior cracked her back by arching it, "She's fine, Atsushi-kun! She bumped her back at the edge of the table."

Grimacing while nodding, the albino returned to working on his papers. 'I hope she's alright. Plus, I'm surprised I can still look at them after what happened last night.' The duo walked to their respective desks, one grasping tightly on her back with Dazai supporting her by holding the other side of her waist.

"Good morning, you two." Yosano said with a smile, perched on top of Kunikida's desk which was beside Dazai's seat, and diagonal to Taiyo's. "Had a fun night yesterday?" She teased with a smirk, "Mhm. Taiyo was out the entire night, guess she couldn't handle-" A hand was slapped over the noisy detective's mouth, a red, five foot seven, Taiyo being the one behind the action. "Jesus, Dazai! You never keep quiet!"

The bandaged ADA member licked her hand, making Taiyo jump and let out a yelp. "So do you." He teasingly said as he turned around to look at his lover with hooded eyes.

"Okay! No more of that!" Everyone's attention went to the ginger that was covering Atsushi's ears, while the albino covered Kyouka's. "Are you two..." He trailed off, embarrassed of asking such a question to his seniors.

"Hooking up?" Yosano said as she finished it for Tanizaki; hands crossed and a leg over the other. "..."

Dazai and Taiyo were cornered. They can't think of a topic to drive them away from answering their suspicious eyes. Kunikida kept on working while the others were looking and waiting for an answer. The bandaged detective glanced at his lover to ask if she's alright to announce their relationship. Taiyo nodded and she felt Dazai wrap his arm around her, "We're not hooking up."

Everyone's eyes widened, slightly disappointed. "What? Then, explain what happened last night." Yosano said, plopping off the blond's desk with ease; arms crossed tight.

"We're engaged." Taiyo bluntly said while she raised her left hand to reveal a bright silver ring, making everyone exclaim in shock and confusion. Even Kunikida stood up from his chair in surprise. "WHAT?!!"

Relishing everyone's shocked looks for a second, the duo finally let out their laughs while the members stayed silent in hesitation. "You-you should've seen the look on your faces!" Dazai breathed in and out, while Taiyo was chuckling so much.

"We-We're not engaged! This is a ring my father gave me back then." She tried to explain although she was laughing like a madman. Dazai rested his hand on her shoulder; holding his stomach as he doubled over in laughter.

The ADA stayed quiet, feeling dumb and not that surprised since it was expected of the duo. "B-But, yes. W-We are dating." Taiyo finally said, rising up from her last position, wiping a tear from her eyes from too much laughing.

And in that second, everyone was out of their shocked stances and started to pounce on the members, mixed sayings overcame them both.

"We're happy for you two!"

"I really thought you were engaged, holy shit never do that again!"

"Congrats!"

Fukuzawa stood from his office door, a small smile on his face. He was proud of his two members, finally satisfied that they got along in the end.

And in that moment, they were happy and content. Each one of them were.

Nothing could surely ruin this moment, right?

i apologise if it's short,, hehe but this is probs the last after story OOF ;_;

but id like to see which one of yalls are a fan of haikyuu? because i might drop a oneshot book of my fav boys ever only if you guys like the anime ^^

also that last sentence is DEFINITELY not a foreshadow i promise 😌

sincerely yours,
vel.