SEVENTEEN

12.16.2038

"Welcome, welcome, welcome." Earle led us into the Bank, his attitude seemed relaxed; his hands were weapon-less. Something about his manner calmed me; like we shouldn't be expecting rapid fire anytime soon. Nikita wasn't here, so they couldn't make any moves.

The room he led us into was large, what would've been the foyer of the Bank when it was still a bank. There were black marble floors, tellers and large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. With stair cases on either side of the room, it was unknown how many levels this thing went up – or down. Everything was so clean, so rich; gold sealing touched every tile, every counter. The chandelier glistened with the lights, reflecting off the black marble.

I had never been in such a nice room; I didn't think they still existed. Nikita's group took good care of this Bank, it was obvious. They fought many, so they wouldn't lose it, and it was easy to understand why; it was a fortress. Everything was metal or concrete, there was no wood or glass, nothing for the Dead to break through or time to break down. This building was a rock, a protective rock; I would fight to keep it too.

"Welcome to the Palace," Earle turned around to face us when he reached the teller stations, "5 levels up, 3 levels down, 6 vaults and 4 panic rooms. She's a beauty, isn't she?"

"I can see why you want to keep her to yourself." Ezekiel said, looking around. We all still held our guns, and Earle didn't seem to care. I couldn't imagine feeling so secure; this Palace really must hold secrets we couldn't see yet. I wondered how many people were watching us.

"She suits us," Earle grinned, "Why let other people have what we need? The only people who survived this world are the selfish ones; am I wrong?"

"Is that your excuse for stabbing me and stealing my gun?" Killian raised his eyebrows. Earle scoffed, putting his hands on his hips as he shook his head slowly. "You were just being selfish?"

"People get stabbed daily, don't act like such a bitch about it." We all looked up as a woman was walking down the stairs, pulling her leather jacket on as her eyes crossed each and every one of us.

"I told you that'd I'd bring them up." Earle rolled his eyes.

"You took too long." The dark-haired woman's boot hit the ground with a click as she walked over to join Earle. Her curls were tied into a pony, her dark eyes were surrounded by thick lashes and her tan skin seemed poreless in the fluorescent light.  She was stunning, and by the look on Ezekiel's face – he thought so too. "Which one is the Luther?"

"That one." Earle pointed to me, and my stomach turned. I didn't want to be separated, this was a group effort. The woman was taller than me, stronger than me; I could tell just by looking at her. I felt Patrick step closer to me, his jaw clenched. He looked as nervous as I felt.

"Okay," She looked at me, the corner of her lips rising slightly, "I'll take her."

"Got it." Earle nodded.

"And the boyfriend," She pointed to Patrick, "And cripple," She pointed to East, "And the pussy," She pointed to Killian, "And your sister." She finished on Wyatt.

"Not her." Earle stepped forward but was stopped by her arm swinging in front of him as she shook her head.

"Conflict of interest." She smiled at him, then turning back to us. "If you're Luther, cripple, lover-boy, bitch-ass or Juan Earle II, then step forward. You're coming with me."

"Why?" Patrick asked, shaking his head, "We came here for Robert and that's it."

"I want to talk to you all." She said, "Nikita isn't here so I'm doing her dirty work for her."