38. Bae-cation

Ciara's POV

"Bye mom" I yelled as Jace put my last bag in his trunk and I hopped in the front seat.

"Bye! My mom yelled back. "Y'all better use protection!"

Jace hopped in the front and laughed at my moms statement. "I like your mom" he said, "she's not a helicopter parent."

"She has her moments" I said laughing. "She's definitely a cool mom though."

"Moms like that are the best" Jace said. "My mom was super strict until I turned eighteen. Then she became the coolest person to be around."

"I think my mom wasn't like that because she didn't need to be like that" I said. "I was a pretty good kid before Henry Danger. I never fought, had a boyfriend, did drugs, nothing."

"Yeah that makes sense" Jace said laughing. "Growing up, I gave my mom hell."

***

It took us a little over half an hour to arrive to the resort. Santa Ana wasn't as far from Los Angeles as I thought it would be.

The outside of the resort was nice. It had palm trees and crystal clear beach water. The wind was just enough to keep us from melting.

The inside of the resort looked even better. Our house had a side porch with two beach chairs. The house spread across a large area of land, and the windows were tinted so that nobody could see us from the outside. I liked that the windows were tinted, it made me feel more private. The floors were wooden, and we had the perfect view of the beach. The sheets were white and the bed was king sized.

The house could hold two families at once, but Jace rented it out for the weekend, so it was just us. I thought it was really cute that he went out of his way to be with me alone.

***

"My sand castle's better than yours" I said. Jace didn't even respond, he just stepped on my sand castle.

"Hey!" I said, pretending to be upset.

"Okay I'm sorry" Jace said as he kneeled down to help me fix it. I grabbed my sand and started plopping it all over his body.

"Ha!" I yelled as Jace laughed.

"Oh you got me" he said. "I hope you're a good swimmer."

He picked me up and ran towards the ocean. I was laughing, yelling and kicking, but that didn't phase Jace. He dropped my in the water and laughed.

The water wasn't deep, so I was able to sit up in it. I fully got up and tripped Jace then tried to drag him. He was a lot heavier than I was, so I wasn't able to drag him. Instead, I just laid on him. He ended up rolling me over so he was on top of me.

"Wow" I said as we were rolling. "I'm getting Serious Riele vibes here."

Jace laughed. "That day was so funny, when you spat on her, I was so proud."

***

Jace and I were sitting on the beach watching the sunset. We didn't even really unpack yet, we just threw everything into the closet.

"Oh yeah" Jace said. "What do you want to do about the bed situation? Do you want me to side in an opposite direction, do you want us to sleep with or bodies away from each other?"

I kinda wanted to actually cuddle with Jace. But if that option wasn't on the table, then I wasn't going to bring it up.

"We can sleep with our bodies away from each other" I said. "That way neither of us get a foot in the face."

Jace laughed and pulled me closer to him.