40. Share the News

Ciara's POV

"Yes Kyla!" I said as I flaunted my ring to her on FaceTime. "I'm serious, he promised to marry me."

"Girl I'm literally crying for you!" Kyla said. "Please tell me that you guys did it after."

I smiled, and Kyla got the memo.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed. "My best friend isn't a virgin anymore oh my God!"

I laughed, I myself couldn't really register that I wasn't a virgin anymore.

"Did it hurt? Did you bleed? Did you-"

"One question at a time Kyla" I said laughing. "It didn't necessarily hurt, but it was a lot of pressure. It was a hard pinch for a little bit but eventually it turned into pleasure. My body hurt after though."

"The first time is always like that" Kyla said. "It's a new exercise, your body is moving in ways it hasn't before. Of course your body is going to hurt."

"Yeah" I said. "I didn't bleed either. Are you supposed to?"

"Not necessarily" Kyla said. "Maybe your hymen already broke from something else like riding a bike or gymnastics when you were younger. You were pretty active."

I laughed. "You have a point there."

Jace's POV

Ciara wished me a happy birthday this morning and then asked for privacy since Kyla wanted to FaceTime her, so I went out to the side porch that was all the way on the other side of the house. During that time I decided I'd call Sean and brag about my accomplishment.

"Hey dude, Happy Birthday!" Sean said. "How's your vacation with your boo thang going?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Thanks man, and our trip is going great" I said. "I gave her a promise ring last night."

Sean's POV

I knew about the promise ring, but Jace didn't know that I knew. So I acted surprised when Jace told me that he gave Ciara a promise ring.

"What?" I asked. "A promise ring? That's dope bro. I'm happy for you."

Jace's POV

"Thanks bro" I said. "We did 'you know what' afterwards."

Sean gasped, "No!"

I smiled, "Yes!"

"You guys went streaking on the beach at midnight?" Sean asked, confident in his response.

"What? No!" I said, making a face. "Ciara and I did it. We made love."

"Oh!" Sean yelled. "That's even better!"

I laughed. I hope Sean didn't seriously think that's what people did when they went on vacation somewhere.

Ciara's POV

"You wanna know craziest part about all of this?" I asked Kyla.

"Uh Duh" she said. "Tell me girl!"

"Jace and I were so in the moment, that we didn't use any form of protection."

"Ciara!" Kyla yelled. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't know!" I said back. "My mind was just focused on one thing, I didn't care about anything else in the moment."

"It's okay" Kyla said. "I'm gonna be the best aunt ever."

"Stop it!" I said to Kyla, she began laughing. "I'm not gonna get pregnant, it was a one time thing and Jace and I can just head out to town to get the morning after pill."

"Smart" Kyla said. "But you might want to do that like now."

"Of course" I said. "Talk to you later?"

"For sure" Kyla said. "Bye friend!"

"Bye!" I said, and then I hung up.

***

Jace's POV

Ciara had told me that she wanted to get the morning after pill. She wanted us to go together but I told her I'd get it on my own, so that I could show her just how responsible I was.

I decided to order pizza for Ciara and I before I left, so that by the time I got back, the pizza would be here. I also figured I'd buy a cake since it was my birthday, along with the morning after pill.

It was weird, I kind of felt like a husband already. Buying things for my girl and taking initiative, I felt like I was the man of the house.

I really can't believe I'm marrying Ciara.