Chapter 12

Thank you guys so much for the support I'm getting on this! I didn't think I would get last 100 views, let alone 280! If it wasn't for all of you I would probably have stopped this story at chapter 4. So again, thank you guys sooooooo much, and on with the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like hours, Sophie finally managed to tackle Keefe onto the couch, pinning him down as he struggled.

"Noooooooo!" He screamed in mock terror, grinning from ear to ear.

And for a second, as Sophie looked into his ice-blue eyes, she thought that smile might be the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Unfortunately, Keefe took his chance, flipping her over so that he was holding her against the couch

"Keefe!" She protested " That is so not fair!"

"Now, now Foster" He jokingly chided "It'll all be over soon"

Keefe, unfortunately, spent the next 15 minutes decorating Sophie's face in the most absurd ways possible

"Hmmm... Maybe I should give you a moustache, or a beard!" He exclaimed, pulling out a tube of black paint and spattering it onto his finger before he began to artfully paint all sorts of facial hair over her features.

"Keefe! That's enough! My turn!"Said Sophie, laughing and pushing him onto the carpeted ground."You've already had enough fun!"

And with that, Sophie covered him with so many different colours and shades of paint that he was unrecognizable.

"Done!" Sophie said proudly "Now where can we find some mirrors so we can check out our new looks?"

Keene laughed, the sound bright and clear."Come on, this way" He said, grabbing her hand and attempting to drag her along. Instead, Sophie just stared at their fingers, tangled together.

"Oh, sorry..." Keene mumbled, dropping her hand as if it had burned him" I forgot about... That"

"No Keefe, please. It's just that..."She took a deep breath and gathered her courage "I-I kind of like it..." She confessed, gazing into his shockingly blue eyes.

Sophie thought his smile was bright enough to light up the whole night sky as he asked "Yeah?"

"Y-Yeah" Sophie admitted sheepishly.

Keefe looked at her then, long enough that she noticed the way the paint streaks in his golden hair accentuated its shimmering waves. Long enough that she noticed the slight upwards tilt of his full lips. Long enough that she wanted to... Kiss him?

No, that couldn't be right. She definitely didn't want to do that. She was just about to convince herself when he leaned in and gently brushed his lips along her neck, and it felt as if her whole torso was just lit on fire.

"Well, if Lady Foss Boss likes it, then I guess I'd better keep doing it" He whispered teasingly, once again twining their fingers together.

"Hey, don't think I haven't forgotten about the makeovers Keefe!" She joked" I want to see if I look good in a moustache" And began dragging him along the nearest corridor.

"Uh, Foster" He tutted " As much as I would love seeing you get hopelessly lost, dear old daddy's room is that way" Keefe indicated to his right.

Sophie only looked at him, puzzled" Why are we going to your dad's room? She asked

"Because he loves staring at himself so much that his room is covered in floor-to-ceiling mirrors."

They both had to laugh at that.