Closure

***

"How can you fully open your heart to someone new, when in fact what you really need is a closure from your past."

— Mhargs Abuda —

***

"Back again so soon?" Lenny casually asked but secretly happy he had someone to talk to.

"Seems that way." Remi replied with a smile.

"I'm not surprised, you've had quite an eventful day." He quipped, struggling to hide his laugh.

Remembering all the inappropriate things that happened throughout the day went her signature scarlet, trying to play it off. "Yeah, wasn't too bad." She mumbled, awkwardly fidgeting wanting the ground to swallow her, knowing Lenny saw and felt everything she did went out the window when she was in the heat with Hawks.

"Anyway, it's paid off, look." Lenny gestured behind him, changing the subject. Remi looked on as a single red feather intertwined with a black shard of...glass? She didn't know what it was, sticking out like a sore thumb, floating in a sea of white.

"What does it mean?" She asked, not sure because the feelings she had for Hawks hadn't changed and still was conflicted.

"It seems you're coming around, keep it up!" Lenny beamed. "Also, theres some things I forgot to tell you about the quirk. You'd think after 20 years I'd remember everything."

"Go on."

Lenny explained the energy she had started to emit was response when she was angry, and had to try and reel it in. The angrier and sadder she was the stronger the force of it.

"Right I'll try." She promised and was sent back to reality by Lenny.

Waking up with the usual jolt, feeling the familiar soft embrace of red and arms wrapped tightly around her. Smiled to herself from waking up to something so nice.

"You ok?" A sleepy half lidded Hawks asked being woken up from her jolt.

"Yeah, Lenny kicked me out." She laughed. Breaking from his entrapment, she checked the time. 4:30 am. Still not up for hour but noticed a message on her phone.

Rin: Come in first thing.

Raising an eyebrow at such a request, Hawks checked his phone and saw he had the same message. Both pondering what it was, maybe it was about the review. Not having to get up yet but too awake to go back to sleep. Holding her close, Hawks told Remi it would be going down in 4 days and more on how the League couldn't stand her father and how they hoped she wasn't like him. She fell into a fit of giggles at the thought of them wanting to kill her father.

"I feel sorry for them honestly." She choked trying to contain her laughter.

Hawks joined in on the laughter too but he wasn't done yet and told her how they knew about their relationship, Dabi's intentions and her fathers reaction.

"It didn't even cross my mind he or the others would try to assault you." He admitted sadly, wanting to call the whole thing off.

"You think I'd give him the chance to do anything to me? We can't stop now." She asserted, there was no way she backing down now. "Also my father is a huge racist, he's really into eugenics and thought Hitler was a "good guy"." She quoted him.

"Are you fucking serious?" Hawks stammered shocked but yet not surprised at the same time, how was Remi his daughter?

"As cancer, he planned to find someone "genetically suitable" for me so I could give him grandkids and he'd start the process over again." She admitted.