New Friends

Author: Tw for dementia
Honestly it probably is a bit of a reach but there's a Mirko x female OC in this one. Idk but to me she just seems like she would be gay or bi even but that's just me lol

***

"Some souls just understand each other upon meeting."

— N.R. Hart —

***

Remi found herself in a some sort of empty room, only it wasn't a room but it was like a white void. Before her stood a mirror, "Hello? Anyone here?" No response. Where the fuck am I? She didn't feel scared, more like at peace. Am I dead? Turning her attention to the mirror, she studied it, a few hairline cracks were scattered all over it, a feeling of apprehension washed over her because she felt connected to the mirror somehow.

A faded male voice echoed throughout the void. "You need to break it before it breaks you." "What the fuck?" She looked back into the mirror focusing as if she tried to look through it. Seeing her reflection, it started to change, the black veins she knew all too well creeped all over her body, looking at herself, she hadn't changed it was just the reflection bulking up into her muscular form only it didn't stop, bones cracking, getting bigger and bigger. She didn't recognise herself. The demonic scream filled the void but more terrifying than she ever heard or emitted, she never made this noise. The reflection started banging on the other side as if trying to get through, the screams wouldn't stop and rang in her ears. She stepped back. Is this what I'll become? Blocking her ears and closing her eyes the mirror cracked right down the middle. Pain slashed through her face.

Waking up with a jolt and hyperventilating and sweating she ran to the bathroom. Checking the mirror, a small black line almost like a crack ran through her right eye, not too big but definitely noticeable, anxiety creeped in consuming her body. It's going to happen sooner than she thought. Examining the crack, it was hard, no blood like as if she was made of stone. (Hehe yeah I know Dr. Stone reference) Pondering what to do, how would she hide it? Hawks can't see it, he'll freak out too much and she didn't want to have to deal with that.

The voice from her dream rang in her head, I honestly don't think it was a dream, more like a warning. Checking the time, 6am. Deciding to find a costume shop to find some sort of fake skin  thing to cover it, visit Mrs. Takahashi and then go to the commission. She hadn't heard from Hawks, which is good so she could do this alone. Hoping he was ok she decided to send him a text.

Remi: I'm up are you ok? X

No reply, not wasting any time she got ready and out the door she went. Meanwhile on the other side of town Hawks was meeting Dabi. Dabi was going to enjoy watching Hawks squirm. He had a hunch he knew who's side he was on but wasn't going to let him know that. The outcome of this meeting will establish that. "I've good news, we're gonna be moving on to the next stage of the plan."

"Which is?" Hawks asked curiously.

"I won't give details but that guy who came from Ireland needs his kid. We've had a few leads and we found her."

Hawks blood ran cold. Hiding it with his poker face. Didn't know what to say next. "Ok so what is he planning?"

"That's not important, what's important is are you in?"

"You know I am."

"Oh yeah? How is it that she works for you and you never said anything. What's her name? Oh yeah, Demonic."

Hawks pulled a surprised face, not sure if it convinced Dabi or not. "It's her? I had no idea. If that's the case I can help with that."

Dabi had to try and stifle a laugh. If you really do hand over the woman you fucked the night before you really are cruel Hawks. Love has no place in both our worlds. Not even with blood.