Chapter 7

THIRD POV

The team arrived at the Sendai City Gymnasium, Daichi then heard someone calling his name, which turns to be Yui and her friends. Daichi was surprise and asked, "Yui, what are you doing here?", then she said, "W-we're here t-to cheer for you, o-of course.", then her friend, Sasaki reminded, "Yui, you're gonna give him something." "Oh! Here, i-it's a charm, f-for good luck.", Yui said as Daichi takes the charm, "Thanks, Yui for being thoughtful. I got to go now, bye.", he said.

The team made their way inside the gym, Tanaka was overwhelmed by how many people are going to watch the finals, "Man, I'm so nervous about the people seeing the finals.", then Nishinoya reassures, "Don't be nervous, we're playing in front of female admirers and maybe, we can get Kiyoko-san's attention.", then Tanaka and Nishinoya became totally focused on this goal and begin chanting, "We will do our best to gain those girls attention!", but Ennoshita and Daichi tries to quiet them down.

The group begins to move again when Hinata is called by someone. He turns around and suprised to see his friends, Yukitaka Izumi and Kōji Sekimukai, "Kōji, Izumi, what are you guy doing here?", Hinata asked and Yukitaka said, "We're to watch you.", then Tanaka asked, "Who are they?", Hinata told him, "They're my friends who participated in the volleyball tournament I played while in middle school.", they introduced themselves, "I played soccer.", Kōji said and Izumi said, "I played basketball.", then Tanaka said,"That explains why you guys have excellent footwork.", then Kōji became alert when he spots Kageyama and Akihiko towards them, "Hinata, who's that and why is he here?", then Hinata explained, "That's Tanaka Akihiko and Kageyama's my teammate now, I overcome his brash atittude, so he's in control now, you'll witness it during the game." Kageyama called, "Hinata, come on!", Hinata thanked them for attending and went to the team.

Hinata catches up with the team and Kageyama asked, "Who are you talking to?", suprised, Hinata explained, "They were my friends who faced you in the middle school tournament.", Kageyama admitted, "I don't remember them." "That's why you don't have any friends.", Hinata claimed. Kageyama becomes annoyed and tries to grab Hinata, but he easily dodges Kageyama, while Daichi yelled, "Stop it, you two.", Tsukishima criticized, "You're wasting your energy before the match." Daichi suddenly stops and causing Sugawara to run into him. The 3rd years spot a familiar elderly fan, Shizuyasu Yokoyama, standing not too far away while muttering how he believes the team may have possibly made it to the finals on a fluke. Ukai also spots Yokoyama, "I seen him appear at several matches", Ukai said, "he will cheer for plays that are good but boo one that are bad." Sugawara said, "We seen him appeared at our 1st year game.", then the 3rd years' faces darken and Daichi vows, "We swear, we will never let him say we are grounded crows again."

The team is now ready for some warm-ups, but all of them are nervous, so nervous that Hinata went to the bathroom again, Asahi and Yamaguchi begged Yachi for stomach medicine and Tanaka tries to show a jealous Nishinoya that the cheerleaders present. Daichi and Takeda tried to calm them down while Tsukishima laughed at their behavior, Akihiko just observes the crowd and said, "Say, Tsukishima, isn't that your brother up there?", Tsukishima spotted his brother and gives him an annoyed facial expression, "Not looking for your brother, huh?", Akihiko said while Tsukishima said, "No, I don't.",as Akihiko chuckled.

At the moment, they hear the sound of drums and the Shiratorizawa Academy students and the cheering squad starts cheering, completely overshadowed the Karasuno cheering squad, as the Shiratorizawa Volleyball Team arrived late. Ushijima delivered a powerful spike that sends the ball into the stands and got caught by a stunned Izumi. Hinata recall how Ukai warned them about him and his strength that Shiratorizawa had.

"Alright Karasuno, let's begin our warm-ups!", Daichi shouted, but a ball falls over to Shiratorizawa's side, Hinata chased the ball and the ball was handed to him by Reon, "Thanks.", Hinata said, "Benkei? He's like a Benkei.", then Tendou said, "That kid just called you a Benkei." "I think you might be mistaken.", Reon points out. Then, Tanaka said, "Guys, do that new touch spike.", Kageyama and Hinata perform their new touch spike, where Hinata spikes the ball straight down with a snap from his wrist; surprising Karasuno and Shiratorizawa fans alike at the speed and angle of the shot.

The warm-ups has ended and the teams are getting their talks from the coaches. Ukai announced, "We were correct in guessing Shiratorizawa's starting line-ups.", then Ukai advices, "Don't let Ushijima determine the course of the game.", then Takeda stepped foward and urges, "Go out there and play to win, so we can advance to the nationals.", the team nodded in agreement.

The team are soon introduced to the crowd before Ushijima and Daichi shake hands hoping for a good game. Each sides starting line-up is soon introduced and the players take their starting positions.

The game soon begins and Daichi delivers the first serve. Goshiki receives and sends the ball to Shibaru. The setter calls for Ushijima as he sets the ball. Asahi, Tsukishima and Kageyama jump in an attempt to block but Ushijima easily spikes past and the ball is sent directly to Nishinoya.

Nishinoya positions himself to receive but is surprised when the ball ricochets off his arms and flies out of bounds, giving the first point to Shiratorizawa. Nishinoya looks over to Ushijima and grins while greeting, "Hello, Lefty."

(A/N): 960 words, It's finally the first episode in season 3. Hope you like this book and check out my new One Shots book.