Chapter 13

The fifth set starts with Sugawara as their setter to let Kageyama rest for a while. Akihiko held his hands and said, "Don't worry, Sugawara-san, we'll win this set because I believe in you.", and smile at him, which caused Sugawara to blush a lot, "A-Aki-kun, I-I think I'm in love with you! Please marry me!", he stuttered.

Daichi and Asahi tries to hold Suga's hand because they want to be blessed by the beautiful Akihiko, but Sugawara avoided them, "I'm surprise they really like you, Aki-kun.", Kiyoko said, Akihiko scratched his nape and said, "Hehe, Yeah, but we will win because I know it."

The fifth set, which only goes up to 15 points, was easily controlled by Karasuno who gained the first point of the set. They were able to widen the point gap with Sugawara scoring with Nishinoya as the setter, surprising everyone. Tendou, however, was noticeably maddened.

The game continues, with Karasuno leading, and Ushijima remembers a memory of his father talking about being proud and using his left-handedness as his strength. He successfully scores consecutive points, and Shiratorizawa leads the game with 5-4, even quoting Tendou, "I'm starting to get into it."

Shiratorizawa continues to attack and score, with Karasuno barely catching up if it weren't for Tsukishima who continuously blocks Ushijima's attacks. Unfortunately, the game is paused when Tsukishima's right hand starts to bleed, and he had to be taken into the infirmary. Narita is substituted in for him and the game resumes. Tsukishima, evidently upset from leaving the game, was assured by his brother and Kiyoko who asked him to have faith in his teammates.

With Tsukishima gone, the Karasuno players tried to counter with Nishinoya as setter and Suguwara as spiker but was blocked by Tendou, who remembers a memory of being called a 'monster' when he was still a kid and states that he is not satisfied with only a one touch but a complete block.

To secure a win, Hinata is switched back into the game, and because of his short height, accidentally uses his cheek to receive the ball, allowing Sugawara to set and him to spike and score a point. This annoys Ushijima greatly, and he resolves to crush Karasuno, especially Hinata.

Kageyama is switched back from Sugawara after the successful synchronized attacks, and the power duo pull off a straight-down hit immediately. Hinata also manages to block Ushijima's spike and score again, but Hinata is switched out, replaced by Yamaguchi, and Shiratorizawa's future ace Goshiki touched the net, so Karasuno gets the point. Narita also works with Kageyama to score, and pull off a successful attempt, and it's a tie against the two schools. Goshiki panicks, and lets Karasuno take the lead in the meantime, and Hinata is switched back in. However, despite all Karasuno's efforts, Shiratorizawa is at match point.

When Daichi turns it into a deuce at 14-14 however, tensions begin to rise. As Shiratorizawa scores again, Karasuno begins to deflate, but Coach Ukai encourages them with his powerful words. Things got even better when they find Tsukishima coming back from the infirmary, and ready to play with them again.

Tsukishima and Kiyoko are then shown returning to the game. Before Ukai can even ask how he is, Tsukishima right away says that the bleeding has stopped and the dislocated area has been immobilized. Because it was his pinky finger, his play will be effected very little.

Kiyoko confirms what Tsukishima has explained and Ukai is amazed that the day has come that Tsukishima would want to be part of the game so badly. Tsukishima then waits on the bench with Hinata for the chance to be subbed back into the game. Hinata says that he has managed to buy him some time but admits that Tadashi gained more.

With the Shiratorizawa fans cheering for the winning point, Yunohama is subbed in for Kawanishi. Daichi believes Yunohama will be serving a jump float and advises the back row to move forward, thinking to himself that if they can stop Yunohama at one then Akihiko will be next to serve.