Chapter 19

Hinata looks back at Kageyama when he says, "You can jump higher.", before Hinata can question what Kageyama is talking about, Nishinoya approaches and greets the two.

Moments later in the gym, the two are welcomed back by Sugawara, "Hinata, Kageyama, you guys are fine.", he greet while putting his arms around them.

"Sugawara, good morning!"

"Good morning."

"Good morning, I was wondering just now if you guys would fight when you meet again.", he mischieviously said.

"No, when I brought the keys just now, they already fought.", Tanaka confirms, "That's too fast, right?", Suga said.

"Well, this is... It fits your style, doesn't it.?", Nishinoya patted Kageyama and Hinata's backs, "Kageyama, how was the Youth Training Camp?", Tanaka asked.

"That's right, how was All-Japan?", Nishinoya asked, "The floor isn't made of wooden planks.", Kageyama answered.

"Who asked you about the court? I'm asking about volleyball. Pros from all over the country gathered there, right?", Tanaka said.

"Yes, everyone is exceptional.", Kageyama said, "This is it. Give me the details.", Tanaka said excitedly, "Hinata, why didn't you sneak into the Youth Training Camp?", Suga teased.

"Well, that...", Hinata trailed, "I heard he dismissed the idea when he heard he would get arrested.", Akihiko said, "Get arrested?", Suga said.

"Tsukishima, Aki.", he called, "That guy originally planned to sneak into that camp in Tokyo.", Tsukishima said.

"Did you two improve after going through the training camp?", Suga asked them, "I guess so.", Tsukishima answered, "Did you grow taller?", he asked.

"Are you his relative?", Asahi asked, "How can he grow taller in five days?", Daichi pointed out, "Good morning.", both Kageyama and Hinata greeted.

Hinata approaches Daichi and apologizes, "Sorry for causing all the trouble." Kageyama remarks, "Even if you stay back, you can't do anything alone, can you?"

That angered Hinata, "You're so noisy! I know that. You don't have to say it so many times!" "I didn't say it many times.", Kageyama defended.

"Calm down, Hinata, don't let that affect you.", Akihiko said, "Sorry, Aki.", Hinata apologizes, "Tsukki, have you grown taller?", Yamaguchi asked.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi.", Tsukishima said. Before practice begins, Hinata hurries over to assist Yachi as she divides the top of the net with green tape.

"Yachi, what are you doing with the tape?", Hinata asked, "I used it to divide the net into nine equal parts.

"Starting from last week, it has been intensive serve training week. Mr. Ukai said, 'Look at every course of the shot, confirm the direction before hitting it.'

He wants everyone to know clearly how it passes over the net and where it'll land in the end.", Yachi explained.

Serving practice begins. As he prepares to serve, Asahi tells himself to aim for the seventy percent line. He serves and the ball lands as planned.

Tanaka serves next but the ball is easily received by Nishinoya. Kinoshita does a jump float that Nishinoya tries to receive overhanded but fails.

Takeda was surprised, "Nishinoya couldn't get it.", he said, "Because Nishinoya isn't good at overhands.", Ukai pointed.

"Why doesn't he dig like before since he's good at it?", Takeda asked, "Jump Float Serve's unpredictability is its biggest weapon.

"A slightly foward position and catching it with an overhand dig is the best way. In the future, we're likely to encounter opponents who execute more powerful Jump Float Serves.