Chapter 22:Free Yourself

It was time, Calvin's birthday party. I could hear all of the little kid screams from my bedroom. Today, I finally telling everyone about my pregnancy. I haven't been to the doctor in a few days and honestly, screw the doctor. This is my body, my baby, my family.

I can do whatever I want. I was wearing a pretty tight outfit, making it obvious that I was pregnant. I was wearing a black skin tight dress, the top covered with a top jean jacket. Since I didn't want to wear heels, I paired it with some cute sneakers. I had decided to flat iron my hair and do a little bit of makeup.

 I had never seen myself pregnant without looking like a hobo so this was new to me

I had never seen myself pregnant without looking like a hobo so this was new to me. There was a knock on the door. "Who is it"I yelled. "It's me baby"I heard on the other side. "Come in"I said, smoothing down my dress.

He walked in, smiling at the sight of me. I blushed, "Whatcha think"I said. He licked his lips, "I think it's you dressing like that is what caused you to get pregnant"he said, biting his lip. I chuckled, "you play too much"I said, looking in the mirror. He smiled and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my neck.

"Really, you look beautiful"he whispered. I became nervous. "How do you think they're gonna react, I've been hiding it for five months"I said. He put his hands on my stomach, "They've been wanting another baby Carter, they got one. What could wrong"he said. "You're right"I mumbled.

He smiled, pulling away. "Come on, people are waiting"he said, holding out his hand. I took it and we walked out of the bedroom. It was a very nerve wracking walk to the patio. My stomach was all out. We got to the patio doors,kids and their parents eating and swimming.

There was no turning back now. I walked onto the patio,all heads turning to me. Crap,why did I have to wear such a flashy outfit. I kept my head down as we walked into the backyard. Eventually sat down,trying to act normal.

Ro was the first one who came to me. "Now I'm not sure if that's food or a baby that I'm seeing right now but I'm praying it's a baby"she said. I smiled up Devante, "yup,it's a baby. I'm five months pregnant"I said. She hugged me tight, making me laugh. "Wait, that means you were pregnant when we went to the clinic. Why didn't you tell anyone"she said, pulling away.

"It's a very long story and I can explain it later but right now, we have fun"I said. The rest of the girls and the boys came over. The boys dapped Devante while the girls bombarded me with questions and possible baby names. Everything seemed to be going great, our friends knew about our baby girl and I was feeling great. That was until the literal devil showed up.

Out of nowhere, I saw Karina walking on my patio. Who in the heck even let her in, let alone invited her to my son's birthday party. I quickly jumped up, walking to the patio. She was not gonna ruin this for me today. I walked up to her, snatching the gift bag out of her hand.

"What are you doing here"I said, my jaw tight. She smiled, "Hi Jamila, you look great"she said,obviously mad when she saw my bump. She gasped, it was obviously fake. "Oh, what a surprise. Someone's with child. Is it a boy or a girl"she said, putting her hand on my stomach. I swatted it away, holding her wrist.

"I might be pregnant and this might be my son party but I will drop you right here on this patio"I said. "Ooh, like you scare me. I'm just here to do something that you that you were to busy to do on your own"she said. "And what is that"I said. "Actually be a mother to Calvin, you know. Be there for him, something you obviously can't do"she said. I was confused, she chuckled.

"Your 'fiancee' didn't tell you"she said. "Tell me what tramp"I said. "While you were busy playing movie star, I was here, taking care of Calvin. I was planning his party, making him breakfast. I was his mother, something you wish you could be"she said. I couldn't control it, I slapped her so fast that I didn't even feel my hand going up to make contact with her face. I got on top of her and beat the crap out of her, hitting her with all the force I had in my body.

I felt someone wrapping their arms around me, pulling me off of Karina. I kicked and tried to break free. "Baby, calm down. It's me"I heard. Karina had gotten up wiping the blood off of her lip. "Devante tell her, tell her what we did"she yelled.

I jumped out of his arms, turning to him. His face filled with shock. "What is she talking about Devante"I said. "Tell her baby, just say it"she said. I heard baby and I almost blacked out again.

"Dalvin, get her out of here man"Devante said. "Dalvin, I wish you would touch her"I said. I looked back at Devante, "What is she talking about"I said. "Okay, Devante. Since you don't want wanna tell her, I will"she said. "Me and Devante had an affair"she said.

Every parent out there gasped. "Okay tramp, I think it's time for you to leave my sister's place before I drag you out of here by your hair"Kidada said, walking to her. "Kidada no"I said quietly. "JJ are you serious. This slut is crashing your son's party to talk about some nonsense. You have every right to get her out of here"she said. "I said no Kidada. This is my house and I determine who comes and go's"I yelled.

She stood down. "Is that true Devante"I said, my voice cracking. He started to speak but closed his mouth. Karina spoke again. "It's very true. In fact, I have the proof"she said, reaching into her bag.

She pulled out a stick and threw it at my feet. I picked it up, almost passing it out when i saw it. A positive pregnancy test. "Devante, this is just low"I said. "Baby, what do you mean"he said.

I threw the test at him. "I know I made mistakes in the past and I know you were hurt when I cheated on you with Lashawn, but this. I would never do to you"I said. He looked at the test, his eyes widening. "Baby, this isn't true. She's lying, I had protection"he said. "So you did sleep with her. I'm not stupid Devante, the test is freaking positive"I said.

He didn't say anything. "You talked all that crap about wanting a baby, wanting to have a future with Calvin. You obviously didn't want that with me"I said. "Baby you know I only want you okay, just let me explain"he said. "no, there's no explaining. You slept with her and got her pregnant, it's all there"I said. I looked down at my hand, sliding off my ring.

"You can keep this, I don't want it. You can have your baby, your son and you tramp girlfriend. I'm done Devante"I said. He called after me but I didn't answer. I walked to Karina who had a wide grin on her face. "You can have him"I said before walking into the house. Things just don't seem to go right for me.