Chapter 27:Rocket

I was back in the limo with Tiffany, heading back to the hotel. Tonight was very eventful and I just wanted to go to sleep. I was half asleep but I noticed that we were not going in the direction of the hotel. "Tiff, where are we going"I said, snuggling under my short fur coat. "I have a final surprise for you, you're gonna love it"she said.

I didn't think much of it, closing my eyes and going back to sleep. A little bit later, I was shaken awake. I woke up, seeing the bright lights of my house. I know she didn't, she didn't do what I think she did. "Tiffany, why am I at my house"I said.

"You live here Jamila. You live here with your fiancee and your son. Why don't you go inside"she said. I glared at her, "I don't know what has gotten into you but this isn't cool. Just because y'all are my friends, it doesn't mean you can be in my business. Me and Devante are done"I yelled. "Jamila, you're lying to yourself. You know you still love him, don't front"she said. I didn't speak, "You have a choice. Either you get out and you talk to him him willingly, I push you out this car and you can stay here or we can just stay right here until you go in there and talk to him. Mr Driver up here can stay all night, ain't that right Mr Driver"she said. The driver nodded.

Tiffany wasn't making this easy for me. I grabbed my clutch and got out the car. The driver quickly drove off. I rolled my eyes, I really hate my friends. I walked to the door, hesitant to knock on the door.

I don't know why I was knocking, I still had the keys. The door opened and there was Devante. He was dressed in a sweatshirt and some baggy sweatpants. I could smell his strong cologne from the door. Every time I smelled it, it made me feel like I was safe.

I always loved having that smell on me. "Hey J"he said. I snapped out of my thoughts. I was serious when I said I was done with him. "I'm not here to make up. Tiffany left me and she's not coming back to the morning. I've had a long day and I just want to shower and sleep"I said, pushing past him and going into the house.

"Wait, I thought you wanted to talk"he said. I scoffed, "What made you think that"I said. "Tiffany called an hour ago and said that you were coming over here to talk"he said. I rolled my eyes. "You know what, I should've known. I come over here and you're wearing these nice clothes, combed your hair, probably showered. Dang, you even put on that cologne"I said.

He ran his fingers through his hair. I scoffed, "This is pathetic. I'm going to go shower, I just want this night to be over"I said, starting to head up the stairs. "Wait"he said, pulling me back by my wrist. I rolled my eyes, "What do you want"I said. He sighed, "Can we actually talk Jamila"he said.

I snatched my wrist away. "There's nothing to talk about. After tonight, you'll never see me again"I said before going up the stairs and to my bedroom. I got to my room, it looked like how it was when I left. I dropped my bag and went to my drawers, seeing my clothes. I pulled out my clothes.

Devante came in the room, slamming the door behind him. "Are you and Damon together"he said. I chuckled, "We're not together Devante, you don't need to know who I'm dating"I said, taking off my jewelry and pulling my hair into a ponytail. "I do need to know, especially if he's gonna be around my son"he said. "Calvin isn't gonna be your son for much longer"I said.

He looked confused. "We're over Devante, I'm starting brand new. That means I'm taking my things and my son. I'm petitioning the court to get full custody of Calvin"I said. I saw the rage fall on his face. "You can't do that, you wouldn't do that"he said. "You know what, I can and I will. Even though he isn't mine biologically, he's mine legally. When I signed those papers, when I got my name put on that new birth certificate. He's my son Devante and he needs to stay with me"I said, starting to walk into the bathroom.

I turned around just before I closed the door. "And you know what, to answer your question. I am sleeping with Damon. As a matter of fact, I was sleeping with him while I was filming"I said. I saw him get angrier by the minute. None of this was true, I just wanted him to hurt. "Yea, that's right. While you were here sleeping with that tramp, he was making love to me every night. I was screaming his name and begging for more, I could barely keep my hands to myself around him. I totally forgot about you when I was with him. He was a better man than you ever were"I said.