Chapter 6

Emma's P.O.V

The four of us headed into the Blue moon after grabbing a bite to eat. Jennifer with Kellin, the both of them chatting and laughing.

"Mason are you Ok? You seem a little sad since I seen you this morning." I asked as we walked in behind them.

"Mom's a bit sick, flu i think but jens parents insisted i come out with jen, they'd look after her.." he said.

"Oh...Ok hope she gets better." I said "well then we will just need to make sure we can take your mind off things tonight." I added

"Yeah, dunno how..." he said.

'Dance... you can dance with me..." i said.

"Um no no, i am Bambi.. not a good idea..." he said.

"You can't be that bad." I laughed

"I really am... I will fall on my ass or end up hurting you." He laughed

"Then, we'll have to dance close, and slow," i said.

"Yes cause that will make it easier for me." He said under his breath, looking at the floor.

"Make what easier?" i asked.

"Nothing...don't matter." He said rubbing the back of his neck looking back up at me

"Come on Mase, why do you keep shutting me down? i thought we were friends," i pouted.

"We are." He said

"Then why keep doing it?" I asked confused

"You really don't see it do you?" He said shaking his head before disappearing over to Jen and Kellin.

"Mase..." i pouted. as sopn as he got to jen she took one look at him and raced over to me.

"What;d ya do? you turned him down didnt you?" she asked softly.

"Turned him down? What are you talking about? I asked him to dance...he turned me down." I said

"Ohh..." she said

"Jen what the heck is going on?" I asked

"nothing i thought he asked you and you said no to him," she chuckled, then tried to scurry off.

"Asked me what?" I said to myself.

I sighed, making my way over to the others and very confused.

"Good?" kellin asked.

"Sure...." i shrugged, still confused. Mason never even looked at me when he approached them, his eyes looking everywhere except at me? This was kinda killing the comfort level, but we got thru it, listening to great music, till i saw JOhn look at me but i shook my head. Kellin didnt want to sing and he was looking to me for the go ahead.