Ups and Downs

"It-"
Up.

"-was-"
Down

"-the-"
Up.

"Best day ever!"

Abaddon landed down on her bed with a heavy thud, grinning and squealing. Cat giggled, falling beside her. She shared Abaddon's enthusiasm, her eyes wide and her grin as huge as hers.

Abaddon could not help but feel like she was on the top of the world ever since she came back from her wonderful little outing with Dennis. It had been a lot calmer than she had though it would be. Also, she simply couldn't get that little laugh out of her mind.
God, I sound almost love struck.

But Abby didn't care. Jumping down the bed, she grabbed Cat's hand and spun around in circles.

"Do you even know how happy I was? It was the best time of my life. We talked-okay-I talked and he listened mostly, we ate ice-cream and sat behind me on my bike." she paused, giggling. "I even breaked hard at some points to make him fall on but he did not notice!"

Abaddon lay down on her bed with a happy sigh, closing her eyes dreamily. Her cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"Oh Cat, had I not known you that that you had the hots for Mouse, I would have kissed him, for giving me such an amazing idea! Who knew his stoner brain had those capabilities! Where is he anyway?"

"He's got an important project for his English course, it's his Minor but the teacher still gives out work like a bitch."

Cat kept on babbling but she wasn't listening. Abaddon had not felt so happy in a long, long time. Grinning, laughing and talking so much that her face hurt. It was strange how much happiness Dennis could give her by a simple geature. It was almost surreal. Her eyes went wide as she remembered the day and squealed.

Cat laughed as Abaddon jumped up again and squeezed her in a right hug.

"Abby, " Cat said between giggles, "are you crushing on him?"

Abaddon paused, her eyes wide. Pulling back, she frowned. "Of course not!" she protested, "that is just idiotic. He is hot, okay, but I don't like him!"

Cat frowned back, following Abby as she sat on her bed and played with her fingers. Cathrine knew her too well to know what that means. "But why?" she asked softy.Abaddon shrugged before bringing her knees to her chest.

Sure, she did like Dennis as a friend.

However, when it came to like liking someone, Abaddon couldn't bring her heart to it. She had felt dead for a while now, and it was like Dennis was bringing her dead soul back to life, bit by bit. Without even trying. She liked that, but crushing on him was far and it made her scared. What if she did start to, in the long run?
Oh no.

"Tell me, Abby." Cat's hand rested on her shoulder comfortingly. Catherine had always played the part of a bestfriend perfectly and Abandon had felt grateful, despite never voicing it. She sighed, before closing her eyes.

"I won't. " she whispered. " I can't."

×

Meanwhile, Dennis and Trevor sat in the facing room, their eyes wide. While they had only heard snippets of the conversation, one thing was quite evident. Dennis hoped it wasn't what they thought. His eyes went to Trevor, who had a creepy smile plastered on his face.
Pleasedon'tstatetheobvious, pleasedon'tstatetheobvious, please don't state the fucking obvious!
"Dude!" he said, his grin wide and his eyes wider. Dennis cringed.