Looming Loneliness

Fuck my life. These three simple words were being recited in a loop by Dennis, as if his brain was a broken record. Well, if you were in his state, crammed into a bus full of hormonal teenagers (and a few young adults), all hyperventilating and shouting with joy and excitement of going to college, many of them screaming into your ears, brushing against you in places you don't want to be brushed against, and being smushed between bodies, you'd pretty much want your life to be fucked too, just like dear Dennis Connery here.

You see, Dennis Madox Connery is a 19 year old male student, with a saddening background. He was abandoned as a child. But he didn't have one of the usual tales where he goes to an orphanage and was adopted and raised by others. He was raised by himself, he was a lone child, living in solitude in the orphanage.!He didn't seek help from anyone, he never begged, he never did a thing. Because to him, being abandoned confirmed that he was unwanted. He kept the idea lodged in his brain permanently, and all those who offered help where cast away.

He survived purely on impression. His glares forced people to give him what he needed when he needed it. It may seem impossible for someone to be that persuasive with the look of an eye, but it was the truth. He always got what he needed, nothing more, no difficulties whatsoever. He has never felt the need to know of his family. For what was the use of lingering on the information of a family that never showed love to him in his memory? And no one taught him what love was, nor did he burden himself to ask. He really was a mystery in himself as to why he reacted so drastically. But since then, nothing has changed.

Yup, it was a very dark road for him. But as he grew older, he somewhat realized that he did need a bit more than just some bread and water and a blanket. And so he finally found himself a family brave enough to house him. They didn't exactly call him family, and neither did he. It was more like "If you let me stay in a room in your house with food and education included I just might not murder you." And so he lived with this household who should definitely win some kind of award for being able to bare with Dennis. But, everyone was a bother to him really, the twins Jamie and Raina who were hyperactive little brats who needed to be disciplined with shackles (in his opinion), the mother Mrs Helen Connery who occasionally came to ask about school and how he was when she was desperately in need of a talk with someone (and because she's the only one who can compete and win over him in the glaring competition), or the father Mr Jonathan Connery, a simple man with a busy schedule. Unless he needed food or money, which they would kindly hand to him to avoid and difficulties with him.

All this seemed so unlikely for such a good looking young man. Chiseled chin, sharp jawline, smooth skin, masculine figure, a perfect nose for a man and some nice locks of neatly but messily (is that possible?) styled chocolate hair. And hey, even if you grew up without love and affection doesn't mean you can't dress classy. Oh, and let's not forget his icy grey-blue eyes.

Dennis grew up cold hearted. Despite his masculine good looks,he's cold and bitter. Never has there been a genuine smile, even a fake smile, placed upon his lips. It's been a mystery to many why he is so antisocial since none of them know what he's been through. Yet no one has courage to ask, those blue eyes that pierce through your soul set people aback with fear. He speaks occasionally when needed, but any other time of day he'll be silent as a ghost, lurking around on his own. He just doesn't give a flying fuck. Nor will he ever. Nobody has caught glimpse of warm emotions. Anyone who is able to tear down that emotionless barrier of his is blessed. But that hasn't happened yet, and probably never will. He isn't a blank piece of paper though. There are times when he'll laugh with amusement and just smirk a tiny bit. But when no one is looking.

Back to the present, here he is, mentally dying from lack of personal space and fresh air in this crowded bus. He was on his way to a new college, Rosetta Academy it was called. Of all schools to send me to, they pick the one with the fucking feminine name. He thought to himself, as he tried desperately to pry himself out of a human sandwich. As if God had answered his prayers, the bus came to a halt, and the new students has finally arrived at their destination. Everyone began to flow out of the large yellow bus, leaving him to collapse on the seat to take a breath.

As he looked around, he spotted a girl sitting on a seat at the front of the bus aisle, with a scowl on her face. Seems like I'm not the only one who hates this... Dennis thought, as he watched the girl look at everyone passing by as if they were pests. Pests in need of a good squashing. Dennis found the strength to get up, and face the horrible future he would meet at this academy for a few years which seemed too many for his liking.

As his foot met the cold concrete curb, he was greeted by a flash of sunny bright light, shining upon the tall brick building painted in cream and a magnificent garden full of blooming flowers and luscious trees just in front of the vintage building. Not that he cared much, he simply ignored the fine scenery and made his way inside. With the scowling girl left behind to reevaluate her life and possibly disown her family as she sat in the bus, shooting glares at the people who passed by without reason.