Curiousity Sparks

"Oh, you'll LOVE it here, Abby! Don't you already! Two classes together one after the other on
the first day itself! And one of them being Art! This is so exciting! I love Mrs.O'Leary, you
know." Catherine let out a breathy giggle. "She never looks up from that book." she said, as
she caught Abaddon raising an eyebrow over the teacher, engrossed in some book which might read
" Issues in Bed."

Was she drooling?

Shrugging,Abaddon created a set of large eyes on her sheet, giving them long eyelashes and a faraway look.

It was practically heaven to Abaddon, who felt at home with the smell of paints around her, a pencil in her hand, a canvas in front and everything artsy. It was a rather huge room, so every
two kids had their own faraway stations as they painted away, getting their own privacy.

"We've been assigned partners, you know, for giving the new students a tour. I'm so glad you were my partner!" Catherine continued, and Abaddon bit her lip, focusing still on her sketch.

She hadn't exactly remembered Catherine being such a blabbering little shit. The last she remembered, she'd been a quiet, nice little girl who always tried to make friends and be,well, nice. The kind of her who's words always made you feel nice, and waiting to give her a hug.

As for now, she wasn't quite sure she was the same huggable person.

After yesterday's annoying rigmarole, though, she wasn't exactly laying it low on anyone. It was as if the whole world was at fault. It had been so lately. Almost as if every emotion went numb
compared to the constant pain.

7 years, to be precise.

As she gently made soft strokes with her pencil on the canvas, she bit her lip,a slight frown on her face.

Till now,she wasn't sure if she liked it here. It was nice to have someone to talk to,even if it meant seeing an always yapping Cat. And it also seemed interesting to have autistic seeming guys in towels across your room, who don't look bad AT
ALL.

"Is everyone here weird?" Abaddon asked, looking at her briefly,as she took some paint again.

Catherine laughed, before uttering a soft profanity as she messed up her drawing. 30 minutes into class, Abaddon had already almost finished sketching, while Catherine seemed stuck on the deciding part.

"What do you mean weird?" she asked,as she stuck her tongue out,carefully creating an arch,
before trying to erase it again.
"Well,there's you." she said with a smirk, and Catherine rolled her eyes. " And then there are many weird teachers, like that perverted teacher over there and that shit receptionist. "

"You're still angry about that?" she asked,her eyes wide and Abaddon nodded,her brows furrowed.
"Well, not really." Cat mumbled, shrugging as she turned to look at her, a hand placed on her hip. "You've only been in 5 classes yet, Abaddon. Give it a try."

With a slight sigh, Abaddon nodded. "I guess. Lunch was shit." she added quietly. "No, it wasn't. The food was good and we sat together, with a couple of girls." she scoffed.

"Seemed like hyper squealing pigs to me. " she muttered, making Catherine look at her again, hands on hip as she wore a stern teacher expression. She studied her with narrowed eyes for a minute, before sighing and shaking her head.

" You need to give people a chance, Abby." she said, widening her eyes, as she threw up her hands in despair. "It isn't so bad, you know. Plus, even if you don't ,you'll have to make do. Agnes called me." She paused, studying Abaddon for any irritated and angry reactions. She was just looking at her flatly, bored.

"This is your last shot." she reminded her, and Abaddon's features morphed from bored to a scowl.

Like she didn't already know.

After being 'kicked out' of almost 5 schools according to most, while she did protest that she'd herself opted to leave 2, Agnes, her grandmother, wasn't too enthusiastic when she said
she might return soon.

This was her last last chance. It was no studies for her after this.

Abaddon, despite her basic craziness, wanted to pursue a good career, and make something out of herself. She wasn't willing to let this go.

"Okay," she mumbled after a long pause, " I'll try."

Smiling triumphantly, Cat resumed her work, as Abaddon bit her lip, confusion flooding her mind.

She needed to find something to get her mind into.

---

Scurrying out of the class and Cat's vision, Abaddon heaved a sigh of relief, not wanting to go through the whole 'This-is-your-last-chance-did-you-get-it-or-not?' speech again. She looked
around awkwardly, as she walked to her locker, not sure if she was going the right way.

Was she supposed to turn left or what?

As she contemplated whether to go back or go ahead, her head banged into something rather -hard- again, and she stumbled back, dropping her books as she fell on her butt, grimacing, before she looked up, frowning.

Into a rather angry looking pair of icy blue eyes. Again.

A part of her wanted to lash out and scream, but the bigger part was still dwelling on Catherine's 'Don't mess up' lecture. Might as well try to be calm, she decided, as she grinned cheekily.

"Towel guy!" she said cheerily, as she got up, and squinted at him. "Didn't recognize you there in clothes."

She searched his face for reactions. If anything, he looked bored, and rather neutral.

Fine.

She widened her eyes as he started to turn away after shooting her a slight glare, partially at his rudeness and partially at the fact that she was loosing a chance to make a conversation.

Was this how she reacted with most people?

"So," she began, as she quickly gathered her books, catching up with him. "Which class are you going to? "

Nothing. She groaned. He seemed to be annoyed, as he raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, do yo know why I keep banging into you?" she asked, grinning. " 'Cause you're so attractive!" She laughed at her own joke, before furrowing her brows.

He seemed to ignoring her.

"What is wrong with you?" she squealed, and stopped in her tracks as he entered a class,
leaving her standing in the middle of the hallway, angry, confused.

With a spark of curiosity. She would get him to talk.

And that's a promise,she thought, as she turned, glancing behind her, before walking away.