Prologue (pt 2)

(1 month before the tournament)
Kageyama Aiko's POV

"AI-CHAN!!"  A familiar voice screams from the classroom door.  All the girls in my class glare at me, recognizing the voice as well.  They start whispering to each other.

"She's so lucky!"
"Why does Oikawa-senpai only focus on her?"
"She's so ungrateful-"

"Ai-chan!  Let's eat lunch together!"  Oikawa exclaims.  I don't bother answering him, he already knows my answer.

"Hey!  Oikawa-senpai is talking to you!  You should be more respectful!"  A girl comes up to me and states.

"Do I know you?"  I ask her.  Everyone, except Oikawa sweatdrops.  Of course, I know who she is.  She's my class representative and she sits in front of me.

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME?!"  She asks, angrily. "We've been classmates since elementary school!"  Oikawa snickers at her anguish.

"Sorry, I guess.  You kind of look familiar, but I don't really care."  I tell her.  I finish packing my stuff.  I grab a piece of candy from my bag, I throw it at her.

"Hey!  What was that for?"  She asks.  I look her dead in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I thought children liked candy."  She glares at me and starts moving closer to me.  Oikawa steps in the way.

"Hey now, let's not escalate things."  I shrug, he faces the girl.  I leave the classroom and head to our normal lunch spot.

Oikawa Tooru's POV

The girl starts to move closer to Ai-chan.  I step in her way.

"Hey now, let's not escalate things."  Aiko shrugs.  I face the girl.  I give her a fake smile, she starts blushing.

"Oikawa-senpai, I don't understand how you can hang around someone so rude.  The other girls and I think that you should avoid being around her!"  This bit- 

"Sorry to disappoint you all, but she's my friend.  Also, she's not as bad as you're making her out to be.  She's a very rational person and she has a reason for everything she does."  I say, she doesn't look convinced.

"If you two are friends then why does she treat you so poorly?"

"That's just how our relationship is!  She enjoys teasing people, so I've learned not to take any of her insults to heart." 

"I could be your friend!  Better than her!"  I chuckle at her statement and decide to break my facade for a bit.

"No, you couldn't."  She flinches, as well as everyone else left in the classroom.  "She's one of the only girls who could ever be a real friend to me."

"H-how do you know that?"  I start walking in the direction of the door.  As I'm about to leave I turn back to her.

"Because unlike you, she has no ulterior motives.  We're just friends."

I close the door and head to our lunch spot.

Kageyama Aiko's POV

"IWA-CHAN!!"  I shout, running up to him.  "Iwa-chan!  I missed you!  Catch me!"  I shout.  He drops his book bag in a panic.

"Wait- I'm not-"  I don't stop.  I run up and jump at him.  He manages to catch me.  "Could you not do that every time we see each other?"

"Nope!  I do it cuz it's fun and I like being held in your arms!"  He sighs.

"I'm gonna drop you." I glare at him.

"If you want lunch then you will do no such thing."  He sighs and continues to carry me.  We adjust the way he's holding me to make it more comfortable for us both (Bridal style).

"So, where's Trashykawa?  I thought he went to get you?"

"He did!  He should be here soon.  I kinda left him in my classroom to deal with the annoying girls." 

"Well, he better hurry up.  I want to eat-"

"IWA-CHAN!!  AI-CHAN!"

"Well, he's here now!  Oh yeah, you can put me down now."  He nods.  He gently places me on the grass.

"Ai-chan!  Can I carry you like that?"  Oikawa asks.

"No."  He starts to fake pout.  "You can, however, start eating.  I didn't make all this food for nothing."  He repeatedly nods.

"YAY!  Ai-chan makes the best food!!"  I smirk.

We start eating, casually talking about our lives.  The topic of the upcoming tournament came up.

"So when you find the time, are you gonna come see me play?"  I ask.

"Of course!  We'll make sure to see you play before we go to high school!"  Iwaizumi nods in agreement.

"I can't wait!!  I have a feeling it'll be a lot of fun!"