3. Neighbourhood Association

Alt. Title : Ren doesn't want to play on the same team as Tobio

Kageyama Ren's POV

Asahi nervously walks into the gym, shoes in hand.  I rush into the gym, hitting his back as I pass him.  Yuu continuously glares at him.  I walk over to Yuu and whisper to him.

"Thing will work out just fine, alright?"  He nods, but stays silent.  As I'm about to walk away, he grabs my wrist.

"Now, all we need is a setter.  I wanna do it, but I have to watch from the outside.  Loan me one of your setters."  Ukai demands, looking at Tobio and Suga.

Tobio, you better move forward!  I don't want to play with you right now.  Move your ass you bastard!  NO!  SUGA, GO BACK!  STOP MOVING!

Suga moves forward, offering himself to play setter for the NA team.  Tobio calls out to him.

"Suga!  You're not deferring to me, are you?"  Does he even know what 'deferring' means?  I mean, he used it in the right context, but I still find it hard to believe.  "If rising in the ranks comes at your expense, I'm out."  Suga stiffened at Tobio's words.

"Since you joined the club, the entire time I was preparing to fight you for the position of official setter, I think I felt relieved somehow.  The setter is a team's attack axis.  The setter must be steadfast.  But I was too freaked out to toss properly.  I was so afraid of exposing the spiker to repeated block because of my tosses again that I hid in the shadows of Kageyama's overwhelming talent.  It was comfortable there.  The very thought of a spike being blocked still scares me." He looks up from the ground, with newfound determination fueling him.  "But please let me throw you a toss one more time, Asahi.  That's why I'm joining this side.  And Kageyama?  I'm not gonna lose."

"Me neither." Tobio replies to him.

"Nishinoya, give me those nice receives!"

"Naturally." Yuu tells Suga.  He turns to Asahi then back to me. "What about you?  You're probably going to have to play with your brother.  This game is centered around communication, you can't just ignore him this time."  I sigh and pout.

"I'll figure something out, besides, I can still call the ball.  I don't have to talk with him directly." 

Yuu and I part ways.  I meet up with my team, Ryu, Hinata, Daichi, Chikara, Tsukishima, and Tobio.

"Hey, first years." Everyone on my team looks at me. "What positions do you play?"  I ask them.

"Middle blocker!"  Hinata states/shouts.

"Middle blocker." Tsukishima says as well.

"Set-" Tobio starts.

"Great!  Thanks!  Now then," I turn to Daichi. "shall I make a strategy or would you rather I not make one?"  I ask him, despite knowing that he doesn't want a strategy.

"Ren, no.  I think we'll be fine without one." Daichi answers me.  I nod and smile.

"Of course!  That's what I expected you to say!  Still figured I'd ask though."  This game isn't just a game anymore, not now that Asahi is here.

"Let's get lined up."  We line up and bow.
The whistle is blown.

"Thank's for the game!" We all shout.  Then everyone gets into positions. 

Yuu and I both start outside of the game.  Our starting line up has Ryu, Hinata, and Daichi in the front with Chikara, Tsukishima, and Tobio in the back.  I glance over at the NA team and notice that Asahi is starting in the from and Suga in the back.