Ren's Birthday Special

3rd POV

Ren walked along the streets of Miyagi, heading towards an anime café to meet up with a friend he hadn't seen in months.  As he walked closer to the café he saw a familiar red-head standing outside.  Excited to see his friend, Ren ran the rest of the way and jump-hugged the red-head.

"Miracle boy!"

"Muffin!"

"Yay, you caught me!  Not gonna lie, I'm kinda surprised." Ren said, remembering the last time he had jump-hugged Tendou.

~Flashback~

"Semi-Sem, did you know that if I run at Satori and jump,, he'll catch me?" Ren said with a cat-like smirk on his face.

"Ren, please don't-" Semi tries to plead, only to be cut off by Ren shouting.

"Miracle boy!  Catch me!!"  Ren shouts as he runs to Tendou.

"Wait-"  Tendou drops the volleyballs he was holding, just in time to catch his beloved friend.  Unfortunately, Tendou didn't have proper balance, so as soon as Ren landed, Tendou began to fall backwards.  "I wasn't ready!" He shouts as he lightly glares at Ren.

~Present time~

"Of course I did, Muffin!  I am Miracle Boy, Sa-to-ri!"  Tendou says as he set Ren back on his feet. "Let's go in, it's almost time for our reservation." Tendou states. Ren nods.

The two high schoolers walk into the anime cafe and walk to the front desk. They check-in with ease in head into their room. They set their bags down off to the side and sit across from each other. They decide to order before breaking into an uncontrolable weeb talk.

"Say, Satori, should I get the apple pie or the strawberry cake?" Ren asks. Tendou looks up from his menu and sends Ren a soft smile.

"Get both. It's your birthday and I want to spoil you." Tendou says. Ren looks up with sparkles in his eyes, causing Tendou to chuckle.

"Really? Are you sure?" Ren asks, concerned for his friends wallet. Tendou nods. "Satori, you really are the best." He states.

"I know. Though, keep in mind I'm going to steal some of your pie." Tendou teases. Ren tensed up and slightly glared at his red-haired friend, causing said friend to laugh.

"Whatever, let's just put the order through and get started." They put their orders in. "So, you cool with watching Fruits Basket?" Ren asks.

"Yeah." Tendou says.

Thier food and drinks arrive quickly, before their able to put the first episode on. The two high schoolers watch Fruits Basket, while cracking jokes at each other and eating their cake and pie. During a scene where Yuki's fanclub is bullying Tohru, Ren lets out a sigh.

"That's so fucking relatable." Ren stated, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Tendou looked at him with a similar look.

"I know, right. Seriously, getting bullied because you're friends with someone popular, it fucking sucks!" Tendou exclaims.

"Honestly, like chill! The guy isn't gonna like you if you bully his friends, seriously, some people are just so dumb. Like, one time some bitch came up to me while I was eating lunch with Tofu and Iwa-chan, and straightup told me to kill myself because I was getting in her way, or something." Tendou let out a small gasp.

"Really? In front of them, just like that? Wooooow, that surely takes some confidence."

"Right? I was so shocked that she would just say that in front of them. I was gonna go off on her, but Tofu stopped me, and get this, he went off."