5. Training camp

Alt. Title : Damn! He do be fine tho-- Like hmmm~ His friend be hella fine too- but like Ren wouldn't say that to his face (cuz he doesn't seem like the type who would be comfortable with that)

Kageyama Ren's POV

"Good morning, sleepy-head! I made your lunch for today. Here, it's tamagoyaki, beef, carrots, broccoli, and rice. You'd better eat all of it!" I tell Tobio as he enters the kitchen. He looks at me confused.

"Why are you awake at 5:30 in the morning? And you already have our lunches made?" I smile at him and nod.

"Of course I prepared your lunch! I heard from Ryu and Suga that you normally go to school early so you can practice and since I don't want to have to track you down at school, I figured I would give you your lunch before you leave." He pauses for a moment before nodding.

Tobio grabs a glass of milk before making his way to the table. He sits down and waits for his food. I continue to wait for his toast. Once it's ready, I take it out of the toaster and butter it for him.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, Ren."

"No problem! Hey, I'm gonna go back to sleep now." I tell him as I walk back out of the kitchen. I hear a faint mumbling coming from him. I continue to my room, once there, I plop myself onto my bed and crawl under my many blankets.
"Blankets are the cure to my depression." I mumble, before closing my eyes.

~Time skip to afterschool practice~

"You're all here." Ukai states as he enters the gym.

"Yessir!" We all shout. We then gather around Ukai and Takeda-sensei.

"The practice game against Nekoma takes place in four days. After that, it will be time for the Inter-High preliminaries. There's no time! But you guys are full of weak spots. There is only one thing to do in order for ou slobs to win. Practice! Practice! Practice! Keep retrieving that ball until you throw up!"

"YESSIR!" Hinata shouts. Suga and Ryu give him a strange look.

Has Hinata already thrown up? That's what Ryu's look is telling me.

Ukai has us start with our basic warm-ups. before having us practice our receives.

"Forward! Forward!" Ukai shouts as he hits a ball. Yamaguchi tries to receive it but the ball had other plans. "Come on, how many balls are gonna be your last one? Focus!" Ukai shouts.

"One more!" Yamaguchi requests.

"Here comes!" Ukai says as he hits the ball.

The ball goes to Yamaguchi's right, thankfully he's able to save it.

"Nice receive!"

"Nice, Yamaguchi."

"He's made five! Time to switch." Kiyoko announces.

I move forward and ready myself.

"Right here!" I shout.

Ukai throws the ball up.

Let's focus on his hand. His fingers are closer together and his wrist is curved. He's on his right of the court, my left. He's probably going to do a cross-court shot. His eyes. His eyes are looking to my right, right behind the line.

Right before Ukai his the ball I rush to my right, moving closer to where the front row would be, while still staying behind the line. He hits the ball and it perfectly hits my arms. The ball is sent to the front left of the court.