1. Return of the Guardians

Alt. Title : Ren just wants to meet the first years and wear Nekoma's uniform

Kageyama Ren's POV

I grab my bento and rush out the door, shoving it into my bag. I rush down the street to where I would normally meet with Yuu. To my surprise, he's already waiting for me.

"Yuu!! It's been so long." I wave to him and run faster. As soon as I'm close enough, we hug each other. "My mom's kinda pissed at you, so don't expect her to let you over anytime soon." I tell him. He pats my back and apologizes.

"Right, sorry for getting you suspended. I'll make sure to apologize to Amaya-san next time I see her." He says, sheepishly. I pat his head.

"It's whatever. You're my best friend, so I'm not all that bothered by it. Besides, the only thing I really missed from school was practice." He nods in agreement.

"Hey! Let's go to the gym during lunch! We might be able to get a bit of practice." I nod in agreement. We continue walking to school. We enter the school and head to our shoe lockers.

"Chikara, nice to see you!" I say, patting him on the back. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey, Ren. Nice to see you too, I still find it hard to believe that you got suspended. Did Nishinoya ever apologize to you?" I nod to him and quickly change my shoes.

"How's the team been? Anyone new join?" He nods. He lifts up his hand, showing four fingers.

"Yup! There are four first years that joined. Let's see," He puts his hand to his chin. "Tsukishima Kei, Yamaguchi Tadashi, Hinata Shoyo, and Kageyama Tobio." We start walking to the second-year wing, Yuu meets us in the hall.

"Chikara? Are you ok? That's only three people? You said there were four new members." I tell him. He looks at me confused. Yuu stares at us, confused about what we were talking about.

"What? No, I said four names. Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Hinata, and Kageyama." Yuu has a look of realization.

"That's still only three names." I state. Yuu chuckles at Chikara's dumbfounded expression.

"Ignore what Ren's saying. You said Kageyama joined the team?" Chikara nods. "That's Ren's brother, they aren't exactly on talking terms."

"Really?" He asks shocked.

"Yup, Ren's been ignoring him since the beginning last school year." Chikara looks shocked.

"That's such a long time! Oh- Hey, this is my class, see you guys later." We nod and wave to him.

"You really should forgive him." Yuu says. I shake my head.

"Only when he apologizes for his crimes!" Yuu sweatdrops and shakes his head. We enter our classroom and take our seats. I place my head down on my desk.

~Flashback/Dream~

Yuu and I stand in front of the vice principal's office. Asahi tries to pass by us, I block his path.

"Sorry, Asahi, but Yuu really wants to talk to you." He sends me a small glare but stops anyways.

"Why didn't you come to club yesterday?" Yuu asks, glaring at him. "The Inter-High tournament happens soon after the new school year." Asahi looks away.

"It's no fun hitting spikes that count for nothing. It's gotta be more futile for you to retrieve balls that never count. Suga feels responsible every time I get blocked--" Yuu cuts him off.

"It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!"

The vice principal opens his office door. I grab Yuu's hand, trying to calm him down.