( three ) today, you just gotta . . . block him out of your mind.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮:"𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮:
"𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 . . . 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔
𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

THE NEXT DAY, Mackenzie was hanging out with Max as they normally did when they wanted to get away from the boys. It was a time both of them needed very much. The only thing Mackenzie wished was different was that Eleven could be with them, but with Mike and Hopper's stupid rules, she couldn't. Currently, Max was skating down her street on her skateboard while Mackenzie watched her from the curb with a bright smile on her face. The hot sun shone down on the two teens, and Mackenzie had a pair of sunglasses on to block her eyes from the blinding light.

"So," Max began as she skated back up to the brunette. "Any progress with Will?"

"If you call giving him a kiss on the cheek is progress, then yes," she responded while shrugging, placing her white sunglasses on top of her head to look up at the redhead. "Every time I think I'm brave enough to try and actually tell him, I just . . . chicken out. There's this doubt in the back of my mind that he'll say no and it'll ruin our friendship."

Max held her arms out to balance as she moved in a straight line. "The chances of that happening are slim to none. I think you just gotta do it, you know? Just go for it."

"I don't know, Max," Mackenzie sighed, placing her chin in the palm of her hand.

Max proceeded to skate in small circles. "Come on, Kenz. You said it yourself, summer's a time of love."

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't want to be a part of the time of love?" she asked. "After everything he's been through, I think he just wants to, you know, figure himself out a little bit."

The redhead stopped skating and stared at the girl incredulously. "Okay, you are literally so oblivious. That boy stares at you like you're the only star in the sky. I'm positive that if you march up to him, tell him you like him, and then kiss him, he wouldn't be opposed to it."

"Max," she complained.

The redhead raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm pretty sure it'll help him figure himself out."

Mackenzie bit her lip in thought and straightened up. "You know what, you're right."

"See? You gotta have confidence. That's what it's all about."