( BONUS - THE DEATH OF WILL BYERS ) god, please no.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓑𝓞𝓝𝓤𝓢 - 𝓣𝓗𝓔 𝓓𝓔𝓐𝓣𝓗 𝓞𝓕 𝓦𝓘𝓛𝓛 𝓑𝓨𝓔𝓡𝓢:"𝚐𝚘𝚍, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚗𝚘

𝓦𝓘𝓛𝓛 𝓑𝓨𝓔𝓡𝓢:
"𝚐𝚘𝚍, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚗𝚘."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

MACKENZIE TATE URGED herself forwards on her bike. After Eleven had brought the group to the Byers', claiming Will was hiding there, they heard police sirens in the distance. The kids chased the noise and the lights in the distance. Mackenzie's heart battered in her chest rapidly. She could feel her mind swirling with multiple possibilities of what it could be. One thought was more prominent than the others, but she didn't want it to be true.

Finally, the arrived at the quarry. Mackenzie got off her pink bike and laid it on the ground. They all sneaked behind an ambulance. Mackenzie peered over the side to see what was going on. However, the sight in front of her made her freeze.

Will's body was being pulled out of the water, dressed in the same clothes he was wearing the night he disappeared.

It was him. Oh dear God, it was him. The boy she had been best friends with since she was three years old. The boy who never failed to make her smile. The boy that understood her more than anyone else. The boy who knew her favorite color, her favorite song, and her favorite candy. The boy who she had endless movie nights and dance parties with. The boy who had become a part of her, one that she couldn't live without. And most importantly, the boy who she had helplessly fallen in love with.

Will Byers was dead.

Mackenzie felt her entire body constrict. The barking of dogs and the police officers talking faded to a dull ringing in her ears. It almost felt as if her mind was leaving her body, and she couldn't find the strength in her to look away from the corpse. Her heart sank to her stomach, breaking into a million pieces as it did so. She suddenly felt the sudden urge to throw up. Tears began to stream down her face, but she didn't care.

"No," she whispered, her throat building up a sob. "God, please no."

"It's Will," Lucas' voice said. "It's really Will."

"Mike," El began.

He slapped her hand away. "Mike? Mike what? You were supposed to help us find him alive. You said he was alive! Why did you lie to us? What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?"