( epilogue ) I never thought one of us would be without the other.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮:"𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮:
"𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜
𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

three months later.

MACKENZIE AND WILL were more inseparable than they were before. Somehow, their love grew even stronger after the Battle of Starcourt. There were many casualties, thirty people including Hopper and Billy. Nightmares often plagued their minds, but at least they had each other. People normally saw them sharing a strawberry milkshake or holding hands while walking down the hallway at school. It was said that they were the cutest couple in Hawkins, and quite frankly, they agreed. Each day that went by was a newly formed star in their universe, making it shine brighter than ever.

But the blissfulness ended when the couple found themselves packing up Will's room. After everything that happened to the Byers family while in Hawkins, Joyce finally decided to move her family out along with Eleven, who was staying with them after Hopper's death. Mackenzie was neatly folding Will's clothes in a suitcase while he went through everything else in his room.

"Woah," Mackenzie protested as Will put Dungeons & Dragons in the pile of donations. "Why are you giving that away?"

"I don't need it anymore," Will said.

She gave him a knowing look and kneeled down to look in his eyes. "Will, you love that game. Just because you're leaving Hawkins doesn't mean that you have to give up who you are."

"I know," he responded softly. "I just . . . I think it's time I move on."

Mackenzie put her hand on his shoulder. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure."

She offered him a small smile before picking up the pile of donations. Will followed after her to the hallway where multiple boxes were packed everywhere. She placed the pile into the donations box, laughing slightly at how Max and Lucas were singing Neverending Story to a very annoyed Dustin.

"Um, that's the donation box," Mike said to her as he noticed D&D.

She raised her hands in surrender. "Hey, it was his idea, not mine."

Will shrugged. "I'll just use yours when I come back. I mean, if we still wanna play."

"Yeah, but what if you want to join another Party?"