( fourteen ) distract me.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:"𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:
"𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

TRIGGER WARNING: blood & throwing up!

MACKENZIE WAS TIRED. She was running on no sleep, her and her friends got attacked by the Mind Flayer, and now she was watching something move around inside of Eleven's leg. Her eyes burned, begging her to close them, but she wasn't sure if she even could sleep. She was positive that nightmares would plague her mind anyways. If she couldn't sleep, the next best thing to do was stay awake. Staying awake would keep them all a little safer, so she vowed to do so.

"What is that?" Erica asked in disgust.

"There's something in there," Mike answered.

She wanted to respond with something sarcastic like she normally did, but it was no use. If she tried to open her mouth, she was pretty sure nothing would come out of it.

"Keep her talking," Jonathan ordered. "Keep her awake, okay?"

He got up and ran to a food place in the court. Mackenzie let out a deep, shuddering breath as Mike and Nancy moved El so that her head was laying in Mike's lap. At El's cries of pain, Mackenzie squeezed Will's hand a little tighter.

"It's uh . . . you know, it's not actually that bad," Robin began. "There was a — the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and, like, the whole bone came out of her knee. Six inches or something, it was insane."

Everyone stared at her incredulously.

"Robin," Steve cut in.

"Yeah?"

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry."

Jonathan suddenly came back, holding a wooden spoon, some plastic gloves, and a knife. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay," she sobbed.

He pulled on the gloves. "Need you to stay real still." He then picked up the wooden spoon and held it out to her. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?"