( five ) if anything, I don't deserve you.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮:"𝚒𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮:
"𝚒𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎
𝚢𝚘𝚞."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

DESPITE THE RAIN coming down extremely hard, Max, Mackenzie, and Eleven decided to go to the community pool where Billy worked as a lifeguard. Mackenzie pedaled on her bike, which they had stopped to get, next to Max who had El riding on the back of hers. The rain was making it hard to see and her blue raincoat definitely did not assist in trying to keep her dry. Pieces of hair that were left out of her braid clung to her face and her shirt was completely stuck on her skin, but it didn't matter because there was trouble. And when there was trouble, they did what they normally did.

Chase it.

They pulled up to the building of the pool, Max and Mackenzie putting their bikes in the rack. The three got off and walked up to the main desk, pulling down their hoods so the workers could see their faces.

"Excuse me," Max voiced.

The boy didn't even look up from his book. "No one in the water until thirty minutes after the last strike. And don't try and argue with me. You wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree."

"Tempting," Mackenzie said sarcastically. "But we're not here to get electrocuted or to swim."

El held up the lifeguard fanny pack. "We found this."

The boy and the girl looked uninterested. Mackenzie cringed slightly at the sound of the girl sipping the very last of her Coke through her straw.

"Does that belong to anybody here?" Max asked.

"Oh, yeah," the boy answered. "That's Heather's. I'll get it back to her."

"We could give it back to her," El insisted.

"You could, 'cept she's not here. Bailed on me today." The three of them shared a look, which made the boy become suspicious. "What is this? You girls want a reward or something?"

Max shook her head. "No. We're just . . . Good Samaritans."

El turned to look at the bulletin board. She walked up to it with Max and Mackenzie in tow. Mackenzie followed her line of sight to see her staring at a picture of Heather.