𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.
📍𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄, 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀.
                          ____________

" I remember the second time I bumped into Kentrell , I remember it like it was yesterday, I don't know if he was stalking me, or if it was just a coincidence.." I said to the therapist. She nodded her head softly, awaiting for me to continue.

" yeah I know mom, I'm just nervous." I said to her as I fixed my black leather pencil skirt. Today was my first day at my job . It wasn't much, just a jewelry place across from the local mall. Saying I was nervous would be a understatement, I was beyond nervous .. what if I didn't do something right , and I got fired on the first day? What if I got into a altercation with a customer?

" well sweetie, you need to keep a positive mindset, your going to be great , you'll be one of the best workers." She said to me pouring her a cup of coffee, no cream .. just the way she liked it . I always thought it was disgusting, but hey.. it was just her.

She pulled up in front of the small jewelry store.

" ok Brook, go get um!" She said to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled at her before exiting our car . I wiped the kiss of proceeding into the building . I don't know how old she thought I was , but I didn't need her to be doing that , I was seventeen years old , and if someone saw that , I'd be totally embarrassed.

Once I made it in I asked around for the manager, and once I found her , she smiled brightly at me , pulling me over to her .
" it's your first day, so I won't have you do anything overboard, are you good at counting money?" She asked me . I nodded my head at her smiling bright. I wanted to make sure to leave a good if not great, first impression.

" well that's great because today , that's what you'll be doing .. now get behind the counter, chop chop!" She said to me . I laughed at her and did what I was told . She gave me some more instructions, and went over some rules about how to treat each customer that walked into those glass double doors .

" ok you got it Brooklynn , or do I need to explain it a little bit more slowly ?" She asked me . I shook my head no .. I had been paying closely attention to every word that slipped off her tongue. I was so sure that I was ready to take on the job . She nodded her head walking away .

I waited for customers , and surely they came, back to back to back .. I was doing good receiving there money and giving them back their jewelry in return. Also change if they had had any . I loved handling the ice. The way it glowed and sparkled .. I was pretty sure everyone who came in here made bank or was just... rich .

The door bells jingled signaling that another customer came in, and might I say he looked familiar. Kentrell . He walked up to me biting his lips . I smiled nervously looking down .. Great, now he know's I work here.. it's not a bad thing, but it's like.. I don't know , weird?

" ay ma, da one from across tha street?" He asked me . I looked back up at him nodding my head , then looked away in another direction .

" Say, why ya so shy round me?" He asked me . I shrugged my shoulders .. Well I don't know?! Maybe because you fine as fuck. Maybe because I'm imagining all the thing's I wanna do to you in my head as we speak.

He chuckled at me and I mentally slapped myself, coming to the realization that all that shit I just said , didn't come from my head, and I had just said it out loud. I was embarrassed and just.. I just wanted for him to leave right then and there. He probably thought I was a creep now. I was so embarrassed I wanted to kill myself . I'd never did anything like that in my whole life , but it was weird how kentrell introduced my mind to foreign things ..

" well damn ma, Ian know ya felt dat way. Maybe if ya texted ah nigga back , ya cuh get what ya want." He said to me , pulling out a stack of money.. he damn sure had a lot, what the fuck did he do for a living? With all the money he had right there , he could pay my damn college tuition.

" sorry, you know I'm busy with me just moving into my new place and all." I said to him as he licked his thumb , and separated some 100's, placing  them on the glass counter in front of me .

" what name is your jewelry under?" I asked him , bending down and searching through the jewelry under the counter. " Kentrell Gaulden" I heard him say . I grabbed the box with the initials KG, and got up , handing it to him .

" well here you go ." I sad to him . He proceeded to open up the box, and might I say, by the looks of that jewelry, he definitely made bank , he had moneyyyyy. I didn't really care about that though .. I just couldn't stop thinking about why if he made that much money, he'd would be living in the same ghetto ass neighborhood as me?

As he continued checking out his piece of fine Jewl, I grabbed the money he had placed on the counter and began counting it. It was 10,000 in total . My mouth became agape .

" uh Kentrell?" I said to him . He looked at me raising an eyebrow .
" can you look in the box , there should be a number of how much you owe me.." I said to him. He looked down into the box, then back up at me.. he parted his lips to speak, then stopped . I looked at him weirdly as he just stood there quite for a couple seconds .

" it say 9,000, but keep the change" he said to me. I shook my head no vastly. I didn't want to take his money , I barely knew him .. and I always felt bad having people do shit for me , on the first real " date" I'd ever been too, I paid for my own food , not letting my date pay for me like the normal shubange.

" man , well Ian taking it back .. so gon head and do suh wit it." He said to me , placing the chain around his neck . I sighed, taking the money , and putting it in my back pocket .
He smiled at me . I smiled back at him .

" well have a good day Kentrell, thanks for shopping with us.." I said to him giving off a great big smile . He laughed at me and shook his head .

" why ya want ah nigga fo ta leave so fast?" He asked me . I laughed shrugging my shoulders .
" I mean I don't know , you don't have things to do?" I asked him smartly .. putting one of my hands on my hip .

" you got ah bad ass attitude shawt , I like dat .. when you get off work?" He asked me . Why did he want to know that? It wasn't any of his business, I wasn't any of his business then. I decided on not being difficult that day, and just told him .

" I get off at 5:30.." I said to him . He pulled out his phone checking the time .
" well tell ya moms ya gotta ride." He said to me . I chuckled looking away .

I didn't realize it then , but I had been catching feelings for the devil.