𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.
📍𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄, 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀.
                          ____________

" it wasn't that he didn't love me, because I knew he did . As for me, I loved him so much it hurt." I said at once to the therapist, she nodded her head .

" yes, yes I know love can hurt. Love can make you do some strange things." She said to me .
I smiled, nodding my head in agreement. That was more than true , that was promised.

What Kentrell didn't understand was that , no matter how strong a girl is , she always has a breaking point , and this day , he had reached my fucking breaking point 

What Kentrell didn't understand was that , no matter how strong a girl is , she always has a breaking point , and this day , he had reached my fucking breaking point  . I thought it was weird because, on that day , I was saved, or so I thought I was , but could someone that didn't want to be saved, truly be saved after all?

Kentrell was so upset with me on this day because I was all over the news . I didn't know how it happened, but word got around that I was missing , and everyone in BR was looking for me, Including the people Kentrell feared most, the police . I didn't understand why he was so mad at me , I hadn't did anything at all . I wasn't the one who filed the missing child report , but I did wonder who did. Could it have been my mother?

That day, Kentrell watched closely, he kept looking out of the windows, making sure he didn't spot any cop cars. He was being very awkward. It became more and more obvious that what  Kentrell had really done was kidnap me , but I hadn't realized till that day. It was like being kidnapped , and then falling in love with your kidnapper ..

" Brooklyn, Ian got time fa ya damn games today ya Hurd me? Don't do shit ta piss me off!" He said to me as I fixed me some cereal in the kitchen . It was seven in the afternoon and I wanted cereal, I know weird right . But I loved cereal , and everyone who knew me would know how much I did . But that is important, let's get back to what really is.

" yes Kentrell , why are you steady going off on me like I'm the one who did something? None of this is my fault." I said to him , pouring some milk into the bowl . Mercedes shook her head and walked out of the kitchen .

Kentrell grabbed me up by my shirt and made me look directly in his eyes like he always did .
" I'm sick and tired of you questioning me, I told ya I'm daddy , so you do what I say and you listened to me." Kentrell said letting go of me .

" whatever Kentrell, just leave me alone." I said to him . I didn't care that day , I was so tired of his shit , but I couldn't seem to let him go. He looked at me as if I was crazy, grabbed me once again , and he took me over to the metal sink we had . What came next was truly a nightmare. He banged my head against the sink repeatedly. I felt like my skull was going crack open , if it hadn't already.

After he was done with that , he punched me in the face multiple times , and then finished it off with punching me in the stomach . It hurt so bad. I bent down and began throwing up blood.  But even then , I hadn't thought about leaving Kentrell Gaulden. He did it because he was hurting, he really loved me , this was just his way of showing me that he did.

Mercedes walked back into the kitchen looking at the mess Kentrell had made .
" what the fuck happened?!" She asked me . I looked up at her slowly, I couldn't form any words, but what else could've fucking happened? He beat my ass like always , and she didn't stop him .

" clean this shit up now!" Kentrell said leaving out of the kitchen, leaving only me and Mercedes. I tried my hardest to get up , but he had really fucked me up that time.

" I told yo ass not to piss him off Brook , damn why can't you just listen to me?!" She asked bending down in front of me .  I saw that she was crying, but why? I knew that she didn't really care . I didn't need her fucking sympathy, I felt that I had already got enough of it.

My eyes began to close , I felt tired , like I was sleepy, I really wasn't though .
The last thing I remember hearing was "Brooklyn!" before I guess I " passed out" .

I woke up in the hospital. I was wondering who took me there, because I knew damn well Kentrell wouldn't have . He would've given me some dick , claiming it would make me feel better, then tell me to take a nap. That's it , and that's all .

But when I looked ahead of me , and saw my mom sitting down in one of the hospital chairs, I knew exactly what happened, or so I thought .

Are eyes connected and she ran over to me crying .
" I missed you baby, I missed you so much." She said to me , caressing my face , and kissing me on the cheek . I tried my hardest to crack a smile , but every time I did , it hurt .

" no baby don't move too much , that idiot gave you a concussion." She said to me , anger in her voice. I couldn't help think about where Mercedes was , where was Kentrell?

" mom .. what happened to Kentrell?" I asked her. She began to tell me the story of how she found me. The police were searching our neighborhood when I passed out , and they had a warrant to search Kentrell's place , of course Kentrell didn't want to let them in at first , but he had no choice.

They came into his house , and found me passed out on the kitchen floor , blood surrounding me. She told me that Kentrell was arrested, and he would be until they got the full story of what happened to me , until I was recovered and ready to talk , and then if he was innocent, which in my heart I knew he wasn't, he'd be released.

" wait ma , so they didn't find a girl about my age there?" I asked her . She shook her head no grabbing my hand. " I'm afraid not honey, I'm just glad I found you." She said to me .

How could this be? How could they have founded me and not Mercedes?It didn't make sense because I remember her being in the house when I passed out .

I was so scared for her , I wanted to know if she was okay. My mom continued talking to me , she told me that after all of this , we'd be moving again . But what she hadn't realized was that I wasn't a kid anymore , I was eighteen, old enough to make my own decisions. And the question still lured, could you save someone who truly, didn't want to be saved?

A/N: hold your horses! 😭
I promise , this book will have a good ending .