Chapter 2- This Was Not What I Meant

No. . .

NO!

I didn't WANT to play ping pong with Golem! THEY COULDN'T MAKE ME!!!

He was gonna eat me!

I LIKE potatoes!

"PIPER!!!"

"GAH!" I jumped, arms flailing, legs tangling in the massive mountain of blankets I had just emerged from. Grey walls and wooden bookshelves flashed before my eyes and my heart beat wildly in my chest as I panted, squinting angrily at the two gremlins standing with innocent smiles at the foot of my bed.

"Morning, sis," Danny smirked. "Sleep well?"

My eyes slid from him to my sister. Her large green eyes shone innocently under dark, long lashes. A small smile tugged at her pink lips.

Oh yeah. They were up to something.

"Brielle Primrose Banks-" I called her out on it with a glare," stop looking so innocent or I'll sue you for false advertisement."

Bri's smile dropped and she, becoming an almost mirror image of her brother, just smirked at me. Her sweet, quiet voice broke the silence- "Operation Wake-The-Gargoyle is complete."

My mouth dropped open. "Heeeeey-"

Danny cut in- "On to phase two."

Oh no.

Then out came the guns.

The biggest freakin' guns I'd ever seen in my life. Fear turned my heart cold and I clutched at the blankets in front of me with a desperate expression on my face. "You don't have to do this, Danny. Bri. I love you guys, you know that, right?" My voice trembled as their evil grins grew wider. "Please! I'll do anything! Spare me!"

I could see the decision in their beady little eyes- they would not be merciful today.

I screamed at the top of my lungs and lunged at them, fingers curled into claws and teeth at the ready. If I could just get ahold of ONE of those guns. . .

Ice cold water shot straight into my chest, drenching my shirt and dousing my bed. I gasped. "Cold! Cold, cold, cold, cold, cooooold!!!"

Brielle laughed psychotically and continued to shoot sharp streams of water at my face, even as Danny scooped her up and ran from the room.

Oh, no you don't-

"Get back here, you evil gremlins! I WILL HAVE REVENGE!!!" Sliding down the wooden hall on wet socks, I careened down the stairs, past the kitchen, and through the back door. Brisk morning air cooled my dripping pajamas and I sucked in my belly as I ran, desperately trying to separate flesh from freezing fabric.

"Cold, cold, cold. . ." I bit my lip and groaned. This wasn't exactly the wake up call I was expecting. . .

"You'll never catch me! MUAHAHA!" Danny hollered over his shoulder as he disappeared into the woods that surrounded our little town, Brielle perched on his shoulders.

I picked up speed, charging the two demons and screaming in mock fury- "I DEMAND RETRIBUTION!!!"

By now, neighbors were leaning out of their windows, watching the three of us with sleepy looks of amusement or mild irritation. I ignored the familiar faces and pushed onward.

Valiantly, might I add.

Thwack!

Fifteen seconds of running through the forest and I tripped over a fallen tree limb. Typical Piper.