CHAPTER 50

Chase POV

Finally! Today is the day.

The most awaited graduation day. After we march on the red carpet together with our parents we are now sitting alphabetically in a row. Everyone was taking pictures together with their friends. Awards are giving one by one according to the average.

"Okay now let's hear about our Class Salutatorian speech. May I call Mr. Chase Hunter Doncic." sabi nung emcee sa stage at pumalakpak naman ang lahat.

Tumayo na ako at naglakad sa may gitna ng mga batch mates ko at mga parents. Pagkaakyat ko ng stage ay tumapat na ako sa entablado sa gitna.

Nagpakawala muna ako ng isang malalim na buntong hininga at tumingin sa kanilang lahat.

"Wow! We're finally graduating guys!" panimula ko at napa "yeah" naman sila

"I remember being first year college and thinking how long this would be, but the thing is I remember thinking about it as if it was last week." sabi ko at halos nag agree naman sila at yung iba natawa pa

"When I first enter this school I was excited but at the same time a little bit nervous of the new environment. I was prepared to learn, explore, make new friends and get to know me as an individual. And today as I stand here, I am proud to say that I had made the right decision to come to Saint Ildephonse Academy.

Before you're all once be a strangers to me but now, we almost know each other. Thank you for the memories Ildephonians." I paused.

"There was a quotation from Chinese Proverbs that says:

"The best time to plant a tree was 16 years ago.
The second best time is now."

What's my point? Listen.

If you want success and growth in the future, the best time to act is now. You have to always keep your future top of your mind. Don't keep being stock in the past so you better start now because there's always a hope.

They say our future is written in the stars. Yes it is but the moment we walk into different road that we have chosen either in light or darkness, in woods or in cities, our path changes too in order to form journey." sabi ko at pumalakpak naman sila

"Anyway I'm not going to steal this moment to our Class Valedictorian.

Calling Zach Austin Grosvenor.
Congratulations again!"

Sabi ko na ikinatawa nila at ikinairap naman ni Zach na ngayon ay tumayo na.

Pagkalapit niya saakin ay kinamayan ko pa siya at binati ng Congrats. Bagbalik ko ng upuan ay tumapat na siya sa mic.

"The scorching sun; blue skies green meadow the singing bird, flowers and butterfly brought serenity and peace. Amidst the struggles that changes all daily routine in our lives; still a blessing.

Fellow graduates, finally happy graduation!" panimula niya

"Who remember all of those nights we spent cramming for the test the next morning?" nakangiting tanong niya at maraming namang nagsitaas ng kamay

"And all of the books we read,  those digits we solve, those experiments we do, all of the essays we wrote, and those lessons we learned from not only to our teachers, but to our friends as well.

And also to all the memories we've shared not only with the certain person but to the people we treat as family. And lastly to the wonderful, funny and terrible experiences we have had throughout college.

Do you still remember the first day of our school where we almost feel embarrassed on introducing ourselves? Do you still remember those times we didn't know who would be the one we accompany on having lunch and going home?

I wish you would not forget those moments. I wish you would not forget those people.

Anyway here's my thank you message:

Hi Coleen Chandria Montenegro. Thank you for being with me through my ups and downs. Thank you sa support love." sabi niya habang nakatingin kay Coleen na halos maiyak na.

"To my fucking buddies Carsyn and Ashton thank you for always being there for me" sabi niya at nagtaas pa ng middle finger yung dalawa gusto atang di makagraduate amp HAHAH

"Thanks to everyone who became my friend especially Chase, Jacob and Sean. Thank you sa memories guys and also sa learnings Chase!

To our Dean and my professors thank you for the lessons, sermon, advice and support.

And to the first woman of my life. Hi Mommy Zebby Vanna Grosvenor. Thank you for everything Mom. Thank God you're alive! Iloveyou so much my everything." naluluhang sabi niya

Also to my dearest sister Zayne Asher Grosvenor. Although she's not here I would like to thank her for not giving up. I miss you and I'm sorry" sabi niya na tuluyan ng naluha

And to my man in heaven. Sir Alistair Caius Grosvenor. Dad I did it! I hope you're so proud of me now. I know you're happy because I already finished my studies. I love you and miss you so much Dad." he paused then tumingin saaming lahat

"You're all lucky here for having your both proud parents. Love them before it's too late.

And most of all thank you God for everything. I toss up all the glory and honor to your name." nagpunas siya ng luha niya tsaka ngumiti.

"Maybe there are things we couldn't have back in time. I hope we could not give up because I believe there is "the wind beneath my wings" and that is God.

Again Congratulations!" pagtatapos niya sa speach niya at nagpalakpakan naman kaming lahat. Bumalik na siya sa upuan niya tsaka nagsalita na muli ang emcee

"A warm round of applause to your self for finally graduating!" sabi ng emcee at nagpalakpakan naman kami lahat

"Okay everybody go to your proud parents and give them a hug." announce niya kaya nagsitayuan kaming lahat.

Lumapit kami ni Carsyn kila Mom amd Dad na kanina pa nakangiti. Niyakap namin sila ni Carsyn at ganon din sila. Naiyak na sila Mommy at Daddy sa sobrang saya.

"I'm so proud to the both of you!" sabi ni Dad saamin ni Carsyn

"We love you so much!" sabi nila at nagyakapan ulit kaming apat.

"Finally!" malakas na sigaw ni Zach then sabay sabay namin binato sa taas yung mga toga namin.

Finallyyyyyyyy!

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

.