Chapter eighty-one : One step forward, two steps back (2)

"Cat got your tongue?" Taeyong spat. "Answer me!"

Iseul flinched, but she still shot him a glare.

"I have no idea," she truthfully answered in a dry tone.

"Really?" Taeyong laughed. "Because, you see, I find it really funny that yesterday you asked to use your phone, and that today, your face is on every fucking TV."

Doyoung noticed the man's hands shaking with rage, and quickly grabbed his arm to prevent him from approaching Iseul too close. No one liked when Taeyong was mad, for he was the most unpredictable person ever.

"I don't know why I'm being reported as a missing person, I swear I have nothing to do with this!" she yelled back, trying to defend herself.

"Kun."

The man had just walked in and his eyes widened when he saw the scene in front of him. When Taeyong called his name, he looked at him.

"What did Iseul text her father?"

Kun suddenly felt bad. He had no idea what Iseul wrote, for the simple reason that he disobeyed and didn't look. He couldn't answer that question.

"Kun?"

Taeyong's voice was now pressing, impatiently waiting for a reply.

"I-I don't know."

"What do you mean, 'you don't know'?" The leader scoffed.

"I didn't look."

Taeyong's blood boiled in his veins. "I specifically asked you to keep an eye on her and her communications. Why the hell didn't you?"

"Because unlike you I trust Iseul, just like a lot of people in this house."

"And see where that got us," the older male spat.

"I'm not responsible for anything!" Iseul fought back. "If you don't believe, fine. You'll believe the evidence, then!"

"Iseul's right," Kun said. "All we have to do is check her phone."

Taeyong freed himself from Doyoung's grip and made his way to his office. Iseul and Kun followed him there, hoping to see the man calm down once he'll realize his mistake.

"You know," the girl spoke, "you have a terrible habit of accusing me of everything."

"Because you are."

"We all know that's not true, hyung," Kun sighed.

The man didn't respond and opened the drawer where Iseul's phone was. Except it was now empty.

"What is it?" she asked when she saw his face going pale.

She got closer to see what was so surprising, only to see the empty drawer.

"Where is it?" she asked in disbelief.

"What do you mean?" Kun said.

"The phone. It's gone."

Taeyong violently threw the empty drawer against the wall out of anger, creating a loud sound that made Iseul jump and Kun grabbed her arm to move her away from the man.

"Where did you put it?" he yelled at Iseul, his eyes burning with rage.

"I told you I don't know!"

"She's telling the truth, I'm the one who put it back in the drawer, and then I locked it just like before," Kun defended.

"Then how the hell did it suddenly disappear?"