The smile

Day five of Wei Wuxian being brought back from the dead, and only eight people knew.

Lan Qiren

Lan Xichen

Lan Zhan

Lan Zhi

Lan Jingyi

Lan Sizhui

Baoshan Sanren

All of them would fight hard to protect the secret of the boy. But they were raising suspicion in their own clan. No one from any outside clan was allowed to stay at Cloud Reacessess. They were approved for there quick visit and to leave. No one was allowed near the jingshi.

No one in the Lan clan gossiped, it was forbidden.

Obviously.

But they came close to it recently.

" Lan Zhan, can we go for a walk," Wei Ying asked. He was dying to get out of the jingshi. While he loved spending every hour of every day with Lan Zhan, he did NOT enjoy spending it inside.

" Wei Ying, dangerous," Lan Zhan said, looking up from his meditation. Wei Ying nodded. But he couldn't hold the pout that his face fell into.

He did not notice Lan Zhan was watching him pout either. Lan Zhan could stare at Wei Ying all day and still not be satisfied. Lan Zhan thought Wei Ying made the best faces effortlessly. His personal favorite was the blinding smile that had taken his breath away the first moment he saw the boy. Followed closely by the boys thinking face, the one where his face scrunched up into a mischievous pout, and he scratched his nose. Lan Zhan found it incredibly endearing and adorable. ( He wanted to coo every time Wei Ying did it, but he was a Lan and Lan's to NOT coo. Especially not the second young master)

" Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said after he watched to boy pout for ten minutes.

" Yes, Lan Zhan," Wei Ying said, looking up from Chenqing.

" Walk," Lan Zhan responded, standing up in one fluid motion.

Wei Ying's eyes lite up, and then his famous a thousand-watt smile takes over his face.

Lan Zhan falls in love all over again.

This was the smile of his carefree Wei Ying. The Wei Wuxian he had met years ago wore this smile. Lan Zhan felt himself get washed away in the moment. He felt the logical part of his brain falter, and the wild side takes over.

This never happens.

Ever.

But suddenly, Lan Zhan hurls himself forward and tugs Wei Ying into his arms. The years without Wei Ying in his arm's slowly wash away. Though he is angered, he will never get those precious years back, he is also happy he did not have to wait any longer.

Wei Ying gasps into Lan Zhan's chest. " Lan Zhan, not that I don't love this but why," Wei Ying mumbles, sending vibrations up Lan Zhan's chest.

" Wei Ying, mine," was the response Lan Zhan had. Wei Ying's face burned bright red at that.

" Yes, Lan Zhan, I am all yours," Wei Ying whispers softly, melting even more against Lan Zhan's chest and sandalwood scent.

Two very mischievous Lan clan deciples sat outside watching the two interact.

Unbeknownst to them, a certain brother was standing behind them watching from the tress.

Authors note.

Soo, this is short. SORRY.

But the next chapter is very action-packed and a bit longer than a typical chapter.

This was the fluff before the angst. Well, as angsty as I can get.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I don't know what is going to happen next chapter.

At all

Thank you so much for reading; it means a lot to me. Have a great day/night.